Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-family:Times">Hi everyone...
I need some help with in choosing grooming supplies. After alot of contemplating on whether or not to take Peaches to the groomers for her first haircutt, I have decided that I would like to do it myself. (especially after all the horrible stories I have read about experiences @ the groommers
). I also feel that she would feel less anxiety if I did it myself

So therefore I am in the market for grooming supplies that come with any helpful videos if possible. I have come across many brands such as Wahl and Oster but I dont know which one to choose. I would like one that will be as quiet as possible and one that will prevent any cuts (just incase I mess up) if possible. If anyone out there does home grooming, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
</span>

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Start off slow you don't have to get everything at once... Don't waste your time spencing money on the cheap stuff cause you will just end up replacing it later with the one you really wanted. Get the comb , the #A all systems brush is really good . I have Every thing but the makup brushes and grooming table . I use the washing machine for that with a towel on top. Don't forget the little bows and rubber bands/ with tiny paper for the top knots.

I got the clippers 6 months later. One for the paws and an other for major hair cuts.
I learned most of the stuff by watching groomers an the links above they were really helpfull.
Chelsey has only been groomed by our breeder once and by me.

Have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.