Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just looking for some advice with my puppy.
She came to me with a scissor bite,
As she loses he puppy teeth, she looks underbite, not worrying me if it doesn’t hurt her, but it looks like it is going to dig on her gum, the last picture, her k9 just came off and there is her adult teeth beside it growing inside and eventhough it looks so tiny it almost touches her upper gum, her other k9 also have adult teeth growing beside the puppy teeth. I went to couple of vet they just said to monitor and that her baby teeth haven’t fall off but I am scared if I waited too long it will cause a problem with her teeth forwards. She is due to spay next month, the plan before is to get the retained teeth when she is desexed.
She is now 5 months.
Does anyone have experience with this? And what did you do? I have also read somewhere that the Jaw grow and the last one to grow is the lower one so is she going to be underbite or it will still move until her last teeth grow? Thank you!
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Gesture Fawn

Nose Head Eye Leg Dog

Head Dog Dog breed Carnivore Ear

Glasses Head Hand Vision care Eye

Grey Dog Finger Whiskers Snout

Eyelash Gesture Finger Fawn Whiskers

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
I am sorry that you have this concern. It is really beyond my experience, as most of my dogs have come to me as adults. The one young puppy I got lost most, or all of, his puppy teeth by six months, as I recall. He may have had one out when he was neutered. Maybe it is too soon for you to worry.

On a tangent ... a lot of vets have come to believe that dogs should not be spayed/neutered that young. It affects the development of their bone structure, especially the legs. You might want to look for more information about that and talk about it with your vet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar experience with Angel and one of her puppy teeth. The adult teeth was growing up right next to it and I kept thinking she was going to need surgery to have it removed. But, nature knows best. If fell off when it was ready! Every now and then I kept checking her baby tooth to see if it felt loose, and it did, not much though. But the tooth fell off on its own and she has a perfect smile!
I also agree with the previous comment about having you baby neutered that young. You may want to wait a few more weeks.
Hope it helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts