Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when ever i go near toby with the brush he will roll over so i cant brush him!hes driving me insane he hates to be brushed and will nip at me when i do. he got a bath today and dried but then i tryed to brush him and he went nuts.do your dogs do this??

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
heres what I did, I used to try to brush Sampson in the floor while watching TV or something, he hated being brushed, then one day I put him up on the counter in the kitchen and brushed him, he just stood there perfectly, I think he is scared of heights :shock: , maybe you can try that :?:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey joe,i put toby on the table while i was brushing him the other day and guess what he was still that never happens. thanks for the idea sandy

·
Registered
346 Posts
According to my vet, whenever you are doing anything to them that has to do with grooming, no matter if it is trimming nails to removing hair from in the ear, always put them up to your level. It is like teaching them you are the alpha dog. You go down to their level when doing something they dont' like, they are being shown that they are running the show. Even though, th vet said this, I didn't believe him unitl I tried it myself. Just make sure that when you are done, you praise them verbally & then with a treat for doing such a good job of behaving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts