Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a 7 year old female Maltese at the Ames Shelter. She is not housebroken and suffers from separation anxiety. Her name is Lindi and she will need some dental work. She comes from a puppy mill.

A coworker adopted her but had to return her after one night because when they left she would go nuts (howled constantly).

Can someone help me get into contact with a rescue group?

Ames, IA Animal Shelter

I have a neighbor that does rescue work and I'm going to mention it to her. She works independently so not sure if she can get her.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KC, thanks for the help! Hopefully they will be able to get her. My coworker said she is a really sweet dog. But they live in an apartment and had neighbors complaining about the howling. I would adopt her but I also live in an apartment building so I would have the same problem.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by LadysMom@Jan 10 2005, 09:08 AM
If Mary Palmer gets her into Northcentral Maltese Rescue, Lindi will have the opportunity to be rehabilitated and have a wonderful new life in a real home. Being in the midwest, Mary and her fosters have had lots of experience with mill dogs and know their special needs. Lindi will be kept in foster for as long as necessary to find the right person to help her get over the trauma of her past life, then Northcentral will provide ongoing support for any help that may be needed after her adoption.

Lindi will most likely be placed in a home where someone is home with her most of the time for her sense of security and, as Mary said, with another dog in the house.

I hope Mary can find a foster for her. Perhaps you or your friend could also make a little donation to the rescue group if Lindi is accepted. The vet bills with the mill dogs can be pretty steep. Dentals alone run into the hundreds usually.

Keep us posted, won't you?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28715
[/QUOTE]

I would be more than willing to make a donation. I'm just afraid that if she is adopted out throught the shelter she will get returned again. My coworker got her the day after she was brought to the shelter so she didn't even have time to adjust to it. The poor thing. I feel so bad for her. My coworker said that returning her was the hardest thing he has ever had to do.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I was hoping she went to a good home. I'll keep an eye on the website to see if she gets "returned" (god that sounds bad). I'm hoping that the person who adopted her will be able to work with her and that she is in a forever home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.