Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom has talked her boss into buying a color printer that would also print digital pictures.

Here is what their IT department said:
Here is a link to the standard HP DeskJet printer that we have most recently been purchasing as local printers:

HP Deskjet 6122

UD has been able to get these DeskJet 6122 printers for approximately $161.00.  If you require a networked color printer or a high-volume printer, let me know and I'll research further.[/B]
My mom is going to let me know if this will be a print only she will use or if it is going to be a networked printer. She is also going to let me know if she is going to be printing a lot of stuff on this printer.

Does anyone know anything about this printer? Or is there a different one you would recommend?

·
Registered
608 Posts
It is perfect for her desktop printer but as a network printer w/ high volume it won't hold up very long. I have one as my desk top but use a large HP5500 for larger jobs.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks! That helps a lot. The reviews I read seemed to contradict each other. Some said print quality was great others said it sucked.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now she has a regular black ink laser printer. She uses that for almost everything. She would only use the color printer to print a few things occasionally. She would also like to be able to print photos she takes with their digital camera. Again it will only be occasionally.

They have some month left over in the budget so that is why they are looking for a color printer. Doesn't hurt that her boss is leaving at the end of the month so she had no problem okaying the puchase.
My mom thought they had more then the $160 so she might look for a little bit better one.

·
Registered
608 Posts
That is the printer they give all of us w/ our own personal printers that need color. So they have a pretty good track record around here we all use them.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got an email from her. She said she talked to a different department at work that has the printer and they don't like it. So she is going to look for a little better quality one.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Nichole@May 4 2005, 01:24 PM
I have the HP Photosmart 8450

I got it at Sam's Club and I think I paid about $200 for it.  It is a great printer!  The picture quality is fantastic!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59734
[/QUOTE]
Can you also print regular color pages (not photos)? My mom wants to be able to do both

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
We use an Epson photo R300 and it is really great for photo's. The color is very good, which is what we had looked for when we went shopping for a new printer.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My question for the people with Photo printers is can you print regular color prints on it. Let say I want to print a report that has pictures in it on regular paper. Can I do that on a photo printer? As you can probably tell I've never used a photo printer before. Also how much do the ink cartidges run?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Nichole+May 4 2005, 01:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@May 4 2005, 01:28 PM

Can you also print regular color pages (not photos)?  My mom wants to be able to do both
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59735
Yes, you can. However, the ink is a bit expensive (around $100 for three cartridges at Sam's) so I still use my old printer (I have 3
) to print off other things. I basically use the 8450 for photos and nice quality printing.

Oh and I forgot to add in my first post, to have your mom look at Sam's Club is she or anyone she knows has a membership. The 8450 was almost $300 at Curcuit City and $200 at Sam's Club!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59740
[/B][/QUOTE]
She works for a college so they can usually get good discounts. Plus she has to go through their IT department since they have to do the maintence on it.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@May 4 2005, 02:36 PM
My question for the people with Photo printers is can you print regular color prints on it.  Let say I want to print a report that has pictures in it on regular paper.  Can I do that on a photo printer?  As you can probably tell I've never used a photo printer before.  Also how much do the ink cartidges run?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59739
[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can print photo's like you want for reports. The ink does get expensive as mentioned. My printer has 6 seperate color ink cartridges and we just had to replace all of them which ran about $70.00 with tax.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Our IT Dept. supplied me with a HP Deskjet 6540 color printer and it's wonderful. I'm on a network and I just totally love that printer!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I replaced my Office Jet 85 all-in-one last year with a HP psc 2410 Photosmart all-in-one. I thought since this one could use the photo cartridge, the pictures would be super nice. What I disapointment. Buying the photo cartridge is a waist of money. The pictures are coming out better with the normal cartridges. And even tho my old Office Jet was not a photosmart, the quality of the pictures was the same if not better then this new one.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I've had several different HP printers through the years and have always been very satisfied. I replaced them before they quit working.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts