Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am hoping someone has a suggestion. Lacey is now 16 months old. Potty training was very easy with her. She uses the Wizdog, does not go outside. My problem is that over the last 2 weeks Lacey uses the pad for peeing but for pooping she just goes where she is. My daughter came home from college about the same time Lacey started doing this. Lacey knows she is doing wrong, she gives me her "I'm sorry mom and I know I did wrong" look. I haven't changed anything in her diet or routine, except for my daughter being home. Lacey loves my daughter and always is happy to see her. I am ready to bring the pen back in the house and put her in with her Wizdog until she goes. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
TicTac has been doing the exact same thing...
. He pees in the right place, but I've been finding poo everywhere you can imagine! We are taking a few steps backwards and when I am not home he is kept in a room with the door closed. When I am home he is leashed to me so I can keep an eye on the little twerp. Silly me, I thought I was done with house training
. It's just so odd because he poops at least 8 times a day...Peanut poop twice sometimes 3 times a day, but Tic just keeps going all day and night.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
My last pup pooped all the time, too. I changed food and it stopped. Weird.

Go back to the basics. Any change in their environment can cause a backslide. Your daughter coming home is a major change even if Lacey loves her. It can still throw her off.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Jackie when my lhasa was diagnosed with diabetes he was put on special food, I think it was from Hill, and he pooped all the time. I mentioned it to the vet and he said it's the food. I put him on another food I found with no added sugar in it and it stoped. Don't remember the name. Something with the name Natural in it.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the replies. We are going back to basics...lots of treats and praise. This morning I took Lacey to her Wizdog...she peed but wanted to get off. I told her to do her business and she pooped on it. Of course she got lots of praise and her special treat that she gets when she has done something super great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts