·
Premium Member
17,197 Posts
Gott sei dank!!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,981 Posts
Walter, what a relief!!!:smheat: :two thumbs up:

You and Lucky have been to heII and back for the past few weeks!!!!!

This is like a weight has been lifted not only off of your shoulders...but all of SM's!!! :chili::aktion033:

I am so happy he's improving more each day!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
Thanks everyone. He continues to improve each day. He wanted to play a tiny bit this morning. He has lost some weight, but at least he is eating now.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Walter,

I'm so glad Lucky is improving.

Co-infections will cause the whole "puzzle piece" thing... where only one fits some of the things but not all.

A deer nymph tick can carry dozens of pathogens.

Here is an article that went out on the 2nd I believe (maybe yesterday).... it is about a "new" tick borne infection. It isn't new to the Lyme Community - ILADS has suspected multiple Lyme strains for years.

But this is a "new Lyme-like" infection.... it's another strain of borrelia (which most of us who are chronic Lyme sufferers are infected with these "new" strains):

New Tick-Borne Illness Could Be Worse Than Lyme Disease CBS New York

The main thing to remember is that just like people - animals present uniquely with these infections depending on what other coinfections are transmitted, and their health prior to the tick bite.

With the antibiotic - It should cover bartonella and any Lyme.... I'm guessing he might have some sort of parasite infection. In your area, especially deer nymph ticks - they are finding a lot of Babesia - which is really hard to see.

But I'm glad he is improving. Will keep praying.

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #394
Thanks, we are doing ok. We have a vet appointment tomorrow night. I hope I will get more definitive answers then. He was moping this weekend - almost took him back in to the vet, but he seemed to really pick up today. He is eating a lot, his poop has firmed up, he is paying more attention to me,and tonight he brought a ball over to play, only for a few minutes, but still. I think he may have had a bloom over the weekend.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
23,996 Posts
Walter - I've been MIA since the 3rd. Glad that Lucky's continued to get better and bounce back. Did you ever get results you were expecting on Friday? Was that the TBD test? Anxious to hear what the vet says and praying things continue to improve. He had two very major ill spells in a short amount of time. I'd be dragging too at times if I were him.

381 - 399 of 399 Posts