Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Theo, Maltese 7/29/20 , Li"lli Morkie deceases 11/02/20
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am taking Theo to the groomers this weekend, and I want to be sure she and I are on the same page. When I first had him go she did a really great job overall, but cut in bangs and around his bridge of nose (muzzle) and eyes. I want him to have a topknot and am wondering if the fan of hair in photo ( yellow arrow pointing to) should be grown out into the topknot? As you can see it is sticking up in a similar way on both sides of the top of his muzzle. What do you all think is best, let it grow or keep that part short? It almost seems like that part of his hair has a cowlick in it. I also drew a blue line at the section of hair in question. I am also planning to have her cut out as much of the tear staining as possible since that seems to be clearing up since his puppy teeth are almost all out. I do like the current cut/shape of his muzzle but figure that part is relatively easy to grow out,
as opposed to the fan of hair part.
Can you tell I am a little over obsessed about his hair?

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
I would let it grow out, otherwise it will just poke the eyes. It will either lay down with the muzzle hair or be pulled back into the topknot. You will no better once its grown.
I also wldnt cut out the staining If in the corners. It will grow out, otherwise, that can also poke the eye once it starts growing.
The only time I like the eyes shaved directly underneath the eye is in a korean cut. It really opens up the eye area.

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,262 Posts
I agree with Joanne. Cutting hair around the eyes needs constant care/cutting or it will poke the eyes as it grows. I know it's a pain to let it grow out but it will be so much easier in the long run. Please post a picture when he gets back from his spa day.
🐶 🐾🌷

Reactions: maddysmom
1 - 3 of 3 Posts