Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of finding ways to earn some extra income. I made my boys hand painted suitcases for a trip they were taking to the grandmothers, and they LOVED them. I let each boy pick out what he wanted by looking through coloring books, online, etc. If you were looking for a suitcase for a child, would this interest you? And what would you be willing to pay? I am thinking about selling these for $20, and then check with USPS for the price for shipping. Also, if you think this is something that would sell, what would be the best way of advertising initially with a limited, very limited budget?
Thanks for any advice/opininos. And don't worry if you don't think it is a good idea. I just need some unbiased opinions.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Gosh, those are wonderful! You certainly are talented!

When my kids were little they would have loved something like that, especially for overnights with friends.

How about Ebay? They take a percentage of your sales, plus if you get a Paypal account that takes credit cards, they take another 2.9% plus 30 cents for each transaction, so make sure you figure that into your price.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Those are great!!
I don't have kids, but I remember when I was younger I wanted everything I had to be personalized. Alissa is just more commonly spelled Alyssa, so my parents had to special order things for me

You are very talented

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the compliments! But I have to be honest and let y'all know I am probably one of the least talented people I know when it comes to crafts. I agree that they don't have to be just for children, the ones I did were simply because I had little ones that needed something, and I didn't want to spend $50 just because it had a cartoon character on it.
I have played with the ebay idea, but to be personalized how would I show that without having to have ALOT of spec models?
What do y'all think about the $20?

·
Registered
285 Posts
In your description just tell them you can add their personal name
or a name of their choice once you recieve payment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.