2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

As you may remember, I was laid off from the teaching job that
I loved in June. Well, now it seems that a teacher in my school
resigned last week. I am qualified for the position, but 6 of us were
laid off and I think at least 4 of us can fill the job. I reallllly
want this job and I was assertive (which I'm not usually) and
I emailed the superintendent this morning about the job.

To add to my anxiety, the superintendent recommended me for
a position in a nice neighboring school district a while ago. The position
is a short term maternity leave position. I didn't hear from them
for weeks and yesterday I got a call to come in for an interview
on Thursday. I wasn't home when they called , so I have to call
back today.... but what do i do???? Do I wait to hear back form the
superintendent? Do I schedule an interview? Urghhhhhh.... being
unemployed really stinks...lol.

So I'm asking for your prayers that God leads me where I'm supposed
to go because at this point I sure don't know what to do on my own!! :smilie_tischkante:

Thanks.
Debbie

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
When it rains it pours, no? I hope you get the full time option as the other is short term. When is she retiring? Can you apply for both? And let the superintendent know that you are very interested in both, but obviously more so in the full time job?

Good luck!! I'm sending lots of wishes and prayers your way!!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
i agree with andrea , and good luck hon , my prayers will definitely be with you , may God guide you to the right position.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi everyone,

As you may remember, I was laid off from the teaching job that
I loved in June. Well, now it seems that a teacher in my school
resigned last week. I am qualified for the position, but 6 of us were
laid off and I think at least 4 of us can fill the job. I reallllly
want this job and I was assertive (which I'm not usually) and
I emailed the superintendent this morning about the job.

To add to my anxiety, the superintendent recommended me for
a position in a nice neighboring school district a while ago. The position
is a short term maternity leave position. I didn't hear from them
for weeks and yesterday I got a call to come in for an interview
on Thursday. I wasn't home when they called , so I have to call
back today.... but what do i do???? Do I wait to hear back form the
superintendent? Do I schedule an interview? Urghhhhhh.... being
unemployed really stinks...lol.

So I'm asking for your prayers that God leads me where I'm supposed
to go because at this point I sure don't know what to do on my own!! :smilie_tischkante:

Thanks.
Debbie
Prayers for you. :prayer:

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Heavenly Father, Praise your Holy name. You have blessed us with your word, you promised "where two or three gathered together in My name, there am I with them, we gather here to pray for Debbie, she's confused and needs your wisdom, Lord touch her mind, heart and spirit, she needs your peace that passes all understanding, I know you love Debbie you have the perfect job waiting for her, one that gives her fulfillment and joy, if this is the job for her make it so clear to everyone involved, if not open your floodgates so she may see your blessings. Thank you Lord for teachers who want your will in their lives and are willing to reach our children. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
Yes schedule the interview because that keeps your options open...and what Andrea said...let them know you are interested in either job.
good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes schedule the interview because that keeps your options open...and what Andrea said...let them know you are interested in either job.
good luck!
I scheduled an interview for Thursday at 11:30..... keeping my
fingers crossed!!!

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heavenly Father, Praise your Holy name. You have blessed us with your word, you promised "where two or three gathered together in My name, there am I with them, we gather here to pray for Debbie, she's confused and needs your wisdom, Lord touch her mind, heart and spirit, she needs your peace that passes all understanding, I know you love Debbie you have the perfect job waiting for her, one that gives her fulfillment and joy, if this is the job for her make it so clear to everyone involved, if not open your floodgates so she may see your blessings. Thank you Lord for teachers who want your will in their lives and are willing to reach our children. In Jesus name I pray. Amen
Paula,

What a beautiful prayer. Thank you. I truly do feel blessed.

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Oh Debbie - you know how hard I'm praying for you.:prayer: I just feel you have such a calling for what you do and any school that doesn't have you is at a loss.
I'm so glad you scheduled the interview. I think you have to have all your options open. I would express to the superintendent that you are more interested in the full time job in your old school but that both jobs interest you. Is the maternity one special ed? Is the other? Who knows, even if you end up with the maternity fill-in, sometimes they don't want to go back to work until the child is grown. Got fingers, toes and paws crossed. Good luck at the interview.:chili: Make sure you prep for it -- try some run throughs. I remember my son's interview and he was stumped when they asked him what his weaknesses are. :blink: You have to come up with a creative spin:)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Good luck Debbie and always keep your options open when one door closes another one opens. So best of luck again.

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh Debbie - you know how hard I'm praying for you.:prayer: I just feel you have such a calling for what you do and any school that doesn't have you is at a loss.
I'm so glad you scheduled the interview. I think you have to have all your options open. I would express to the superintendent that you are more interested in the full time job in your old school but that both jobs interest you. Is the maternity one special ed? Is the other? Who knows, even if you end up with the maternity fill-in, sometimes they don't want to go back to work until the child is grown. Got fingers, toes and paws crossed. Good luck at the interview.:chili: Make sure you prep for it -- try some run throughs. I remember my son's interview and he was stumped when they asked him what his weaknesses are. :blink: You have to come up with a creative spin:)
The maternity leave position is special ed., the other is for a regular
classroom teacher. I have my fingers and toes crossed too...lol. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
Deb, I hope you get the full time job!!!! I'll say a prayer for you....

.....and cross my fingers for a little extra luck.....

1 - 20 of 50 Posts