Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow my family & I will be spending the day at Sea World. We could be gone for up to 8 hours. Should I leave Mugsy (he's 16 weeks old) in his crate or put his crate open in a small bathroom with news paper on the floor in case he can not hold it? Also, if I do that, should I put his food and water in there? He normally isn't left alone in his crate for more than a few hours, except at night. At night he is in there for 8-9 hours. I wasn't sure if he can hold it all day as he does at night. All and any advice welcome!

Sherri

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I think he will be okay in his crate, we have had Caesar in the crate when we leave ever since he was ity bity. What we have done with Caesar when he was younger is we would fold a puppy pad up and sick it in the corner of his crate so he could go potty there. Now he holds it so we dont put a puppy pad in there. I would put a blanket in the bottom, food, treats and toys in there (all things that he can't choke on) and some water and he should be a-ok. Most likely he will just sleep the whole time anyway. Caesar is home alone for 9 hours one day a week, and we leave him in his crate with a blanket on the bottom, food, treats, water, toys and the tv on. I hope this helps :D

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley has been home for 8-9 hours a day for several months...well since August. At first he had the kitchen...then he got the run of the kitchen, living room and den-once he was potty trained. Now he sleeps on the back of the chair..I guess pretty much all day, watching out the window until we get home. I would think he would be fine in the crate if he is used to it...

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
If your puppy is used to his crate and it is a good size crate, he should be fine. Lexi is crate trained an loves her crate. I think she sleeps 99% pf the time I'm gone.

If you are worried about leaving him in the crate for the entire time is there a neighbor or family member that can stop in to let him out for a little while?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
sucks you cant take the dog. where do you live? i went to seaworld...but my mom didnt so i left sprite with her. they might even have a kennel section there. i dont know how it looks though. i know that the legoland kennel looks like crap. they dont even check up on the dogs.

good luck with your plans. HAVE FUN AT SEAWORLD!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Dec 10 2004, 06:44 PM
sucks you cant take the dog.  where do you live?  i went to seaworld...but my mom didnt so i left sprite with her.  they might even have a kennel section there.  i dont know how it looks though.  i know that the legoland kennel looks like crap.  they dont even check up on the dogs.

good luck with your plans.  HAVE FUN AT SEAWORLD!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22014
[/QUOTE]

Hey Dr. C -
We ended up setting him up in the small bathroom. I put everything he would need in there and he did fine. I am sure he missed us though. His crate is only big enough for him to turn around in and is only for sleeping usually, so I didn't want to leave him in there having to go potty and feeling miserable about it. I put his crate in there with the door open so he could sleep in there.

We live in Orlando, FL . I am pretty certain that they have no kennel there, but I would have been more concerned about leaving him there than at home in his familiar surroundings anyway.

Sea World was nice. It was cool and not very crowded. My favorite thing there is the roller coaster. My 13 yr. old daughter & I rode it 2 x in a row and wanted to ride more, but we had other people with us who don't ride the roller coaster that we had to be considerate of!

Take care.....

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by The Nanny+Dec 12 2004, 10:01 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-doctorcathy
@Dec 10 2004, 06:44 PM
sucks you cant take the dog.  where do you live?  i went to seaworld...but my mom didnt so i left sprite with her.  they might even have a kennel section there.  i dont know how it looks though.  i know that the legoland kennel looks like crap.  they dont even check up on the dogs.

good luck with your plans.  HAVE FUN AT SEAWORLD!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22014
Hey Dr. C -
We ended up setting him up in the small bathroom. I put everything he would need in there and he did fine. I am sure he missed us though. His crate is only big enough for him to turn around in and is only for sleeping usually, so I didn't want to leave him in there having to go potty and feeling miserable about it. I put his crate in there with the door open so he could sleep in there.

We live in Orlando, FL . I am pretty certain that they have no kennel there, but I would have been more concerned about leaving him there than at home in his familiar surroundings anyway.

Sea World was nice. It was cool and not very crowded. My favorite thing there is the roller coaster. My 13 yr. old daughter & I rode it 2 x in a row and wanted to ride more, but we had other people with us who don't ride the roller coaster that we had to be considerate of!

Take care.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22266
[/B][/QUOTE]
I am so glad you had a nice time, and the puppy was fine!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats awesome that everything worked out fine. im pretty sure that the sea world in california has a kennel. but i would've done the same thing----keeping them in familiar surroundings.
im glad you guys had fun!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts