Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Need Some Advice

751 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  doctorcathy 
#1 ·
Tomorrow my family & I will be spending the day at Sea World. We could be gone for up to 8 hours. Should I leave Mugsy (he's 16 weeks old) in his crate or put his crate open in a small bathroom with news paper on the floor in case he can not hold it? Also, if I do that, should I put his food and water in there? He normally isn't left alone in his crate for more than a few hours, except at night. At night he is in there for 8-9 hours. I wasn't sure if he can hold it all day as he does at night. All and any advice welcome!

Sherri

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Dec 10 2004, 06:44 PM
sucks you cant take the dog.  where do you live?  i went to seaworld...but my mom didnt so i left sprite with her.  they might even have a kennel section there.  i dont know how it looks though.  i know that the legoland kennel looks like crap.  they dont even check up on the dogs.

good luck with your plans.  HAVE FUN AT SEAWORLD!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22014
[/QUOTE]

Hey Dr. C -
We ended up setting him up in the small bathroom. I put everything he would need in there and he did fine. I am sure he missed us though. His crate is only big enough for him to turn around in and is only for sleeping usually, so I didn't want to leave him in there having to go potty and feeling miserable about it. I put his crate in there with the door open so he could sleep in there.

We live in Orlando, FL . I am pretty certain that they have no kennel there, but I would have been more concerned about leaving him there than at home in his familiar surroundings anyway.

Sea World was nice. It was cool and not very crowded. My favorite thing there is the roller coaster. My 13 yr. old daughter & I rode it 2 x in a row and wanted to ride more, but we had other people with us who don't ride the roller coaster that we had to be considerate of!

Take care.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.