Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My step daughter had Pink-eye about a month ago and now thinks she's getting it again. I'd really perfer not to take her to the Dr. again if possible.

Does anyone know of any over the counter or natural remedies that we can try?

I'm not opposed to taking her to see the Doc just looking for alternatives.

Thanks,

Leslie

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
My kids had pink eye when they were little and that was a looooooong time ago. I would call the local health food store and see if they have any suggestions for you .......... if they don't then I would simply "call" the doctor and tell them the pink eye has returned and could they call in some more meds to your local pharmacy. :) Sorry to hear she has it again. My son-in-law (40 yrs. old) has it also.......must be going around. :(

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Eye Drops:
http://www.iherb.com/Similasan-Pink-Eye-Relief-Eye-Drops-10-ml-0-33-fl-oz/6806?at=0

It all depends on whether it is a viral or a bacterial infection. If it is viral, it goes away on its own. If it is bacterial, an antibiotic may be necessary. The person should be tested so that they don't have to take unnecessary antibiotics if they are dealing with a virus.

Natural products that are an antiviral/antibacterial alternative to antibiotics:

Olive Leaf capsules
Garlic Capsules (or fresh raw garlic cloves)
Oregano Oil capsules

Antibiotics - iHerb.com

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Nikki - I was hoping you would see this and respond :)

Yeah that's why I don't want to take her back to the doc. Last time she had this he didn't even touch her just asked a couple questions and handed us a prescription. Then we got charged a fortune which we have to pay until we reach our deductable.

I'm guessing it's viral cause it's been going around school and she just finished a cold. This is her second round so I'd like to try to let go away on it's own. If we can't lick it in 7-10 days we'll go to the doc for the script.

Thanks...

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Don't mess around with pink eye. My brother's friend just had it and didn't go to the doctor. The infection built up behind his eye and pushed his eye out of the socket in the middle of class!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts