Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all new kid on the block looking for a teacup maltese boy or girl... i know that teacups are not the bread standard but i just love the way the look and the size. i wanted to know how to find a good breeder in my area of miami or how to go about finding a my dream teacup

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
There is no such thing as a teacup. And a good and reputable breeder will breed to standard and not tiny. Tiny dogs might look cute but they are more prone to health problems. And I don't think you would like THAT.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Before you find your "dream teacup" you might spend some time on this site educating yourself on Maltese and their problems. It's also wise to get to know good exhibitor/breeders before purchasing. Of course, there are also wonderful rescues looking for homes as well. You can check Petfinder.com or a rescue in your area.
You're fortunate that in the Florida area there are several great show breeders. Good luck to you...and Welcome to SM!

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
hello all new kid on the block looking for a teacup maltese boy or girl... i know that teacups are not the bread standard but i just love the way the look and the size. i wanted to know how to find a good breeder in my area of miami or how to go about finding a my dream teacup
Then why use it?

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I read the other post,6 month old Pitbull and a tiny Malt,oohh not good. My cousin has pitbulls and talk about rambunctious,they're so cute and friendly but they play pretty rough,even w/ eachother and they're only 8 months old... I wouldn't want to think about them playing hard w/ a 2-4 pound Malt puppy.
I don't bring my 7 yr old Malts or my cocker around her pits just,until they're older and settled down. They're just too rambunctious yet.

I had to really watch my step son's dogs too,a rotty and lab shepherd mix,they rolled one of my Malts and luckily she was ok,but I just can't let big hiper dogs with Malts.
They're settling down some as they get older,but I still have to watch them, since they still rough house like pups yet...

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Because you have a pit bull, I do not recommend a Maltese for you. However, I hope that you will stick around and learn more about the breed. Perhaps sometime in the future, a Maltese might be a good choice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
If you mean that you are looking for a Maltese on the smaller side, many reputable breeders end up with small ones from time to time even though they breed for the standard.

Also, I heard rescues even have smaller Maltese now too because so many dogs are being given up due to the difficult economic environment. I have no idea whether a pit bull is a good mix with Maltese, but I'm sure the people at rescue will address that with you when you apply for the adoption.

There are several good breeders in FL. Check out the AMA list sorted by state.

·
Premium Member
17,463 Posts
Please remember that smaller dogs are always at a much greater risk for liver-shunt which can be deadly. We had a little guy (not as small as you want---more on the small side of standard) and we almost lost him to LS. Yorkies, for example, have a 36% chance more of having LS. It is something you don't want to be on a first-name basis with---so, please, do your homework and spare yourself much heartache & $$$.
You can research the good breeders and contact them in the event they produce a smaller than average dog & are willing to do testing for LS before you become too attached.
Welcome & good luck & happy researching!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I read the other post,6 month old Pitbull and a tiny Malt,oohh not good. My cousin has pitbulls and talk about rambunctious,they're so cute and friendly but they play pretty rough,even w/ eachother and they're only 8 months old... I wouldn't want to think about them playing hard w/ a 2-4 pound Malt puppy.
I don't bring my 7 yr old Malts or my cocker around her pits just,until they're older and settled down. They're just too rambunctious yet.

I had to really watch my step son's dogs too,a rotty and lab shepherd mix,they rolled one of my Malts and luckily she was ok,but I just can't let big hiper dogs with Malts.
They're settling down some as they get older,but I still have to watch them, since they still rough house like pups yet...
thanks for you concern not that i need it... i do have a pitbull and he lives with my in new york my wife lives in florida and i want maltese for her not for me so i dont think they can play 1000 miles apart

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
The OP has two threads going looking for a teacup so it's confusing.

http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/50-introduce-yourself/110236-hello-all.html#post1871925
What’s your point I was introducing myself to the forum... i thought that’s what an introduction was for.. I guess that’s not the case in this forum

My second post was geared towards finding a breeder that I posted it in the breeders section.. see how that works
No need to get an attitude. I was just giving the other members a heads up that there were two threads going asking the same question. It does get confusing!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
What’s your point I was introducing myself to the forum... i thought that’s what an introduction was for.. I guess that’s not the case in this forum

My second post was geared towards finding a breeder that I posted it in the breeders section.. see how that works

Why are you being so rude?? This forum is full of nice and helpful people. Sorry if some have offended you but there is no reason to be rude about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok I was not aware that a teacup maltese does not exist now I do, thank you all for that. Now I don’t know why most of you are so focused on the fact that I have a pitbull. I am aware that he will one day be a 80 pound dog and can seriously hurt a 6 pound maltese without trying. I did not state that I wanted a playmate for my (pitt) I said I wanted a maltese for my wife. We live in different states and I don’t want her to be alone.

But like always people see the word pitbull and their minds go blank it makes me sick that without knowing a bread people can be so prejudice I think you all should take your own advice an research a bread before you make accusations.

Thanks you to the ones that offered valuable info to the other so called dog lovers I will see my way off this site

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Ok I was not aware that a teacup maltese does not exist now I do, thank you all for that. Now I don’t know why most of you are so focused on the fact that I have a pitbull. I am aware that he will one day be a 80 pound dog and can seriously hurt a 6 pound maltese without trying. I did not state that I wanted a playmate for my (pitt) I said I wanted a maltese for my wife. We live in different states and I don’t want her to be alone.

But like always people see the word pitbull and their minds go blank it makes me sick that without knowing a bread people can be so prejudice I think you all should take your own advice an research a bread before you make accusations.

Thanks you to the ones that offered valuable info to the other so called dog lovers I will see my way off this site

You never once stated you lived in different states..No one stated that there was anything wrong with a pit. I don't know your pits personality so it would be hard to determine how they would play. However a pit is a lot heavier and stronger then a malt and may unintentionally hurt the malt. I believe this forum is looking out for all dogs and owners.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
not true my brother has a pitbull and we love him just like we love our little breed dogs. I actually think nico (pitbull) thinks he is a little 7 pd malt its so funny.

now seeing how your trying to find your wife a malt that makes more sense now. The maltese breed is wonderful when it comes to companionship and your wife would love it. Please stick around !!!!

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Ahhh, wait a minute! In the first post NEVER was it mentioned you and your wife were in separate states. You said you had a pit bull, and was looking for a Maltese for your wife. Wrongly perhaps, but we assumed the pups would be living under the same roof. It would have save a whole lot of "attitude" had you stated this in the first place. So lower the testosterone, stick around, and learn about the Maltese breed from dedicated breeders, and owners.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Ahhh, wait a minute! In the first post NEVER was it mentioned you and your wife were in separate states. You said you had a pit bull, and was looking for a Maltese for your wife. Wrongly perhaps, but we assumed the pups would be living under the same roof. It would have save a whole lot of "attitude" had you stated this in the first place. So lower the testosterone, stick around, and learn about the Maltese breed from dedicated breeders, and owners.

Great Post, Marsha!!!!!

1 - 20 of 104 Posts