Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened to have my little Tuckers pictures posted where I work. A customer came in and saw it and fell in love with the breed. I happened to be off that day and was told by another person I work with. Time passed and they kept missing me so decided to go "on line" and get a Malt here in Virginia.

It seems this "breeder" lives in southern Virginia but just moved here from Chicago. She didn't bring all her dogs with her so she told this woman she would have the dog flown here but since the dog was coming from Chicago she would need to send the money order there. I can see it coming as she was telling me. She sent the money and when it cleared she was told through email the puppy would arrive on Sunday. The couple drove to D.C. airport and you guessed it. NO PUPPY.

Once the couple got back home they called the number in Chicago and it's a auto body repair shop. Telling them suddenly they are getting a lot of calls like this one. Not sure if the auto body shop is in on this or not or if it is truly innocient..

The woman called the FBI in both states and the state police and the tracking has begun. Not sure if they will catch the people or not.

Puppydogweb.com search by state. Pick Virginia then pick Maltese. You will see the breeder.

Please everyone LETS GET THESE PEOPLE. They are taking innocent peoples money.

Thanks
Connie

·
Registered
860 Posts
That is so sad for anybody to do that, I hope they get her and Lord only knows who else she has done this to. I will be praying they get this lady that is sick for others to have to do this to make money she needs punished big time.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh my goodness!! That's horrible!!!!

Did the buyers try calling the number in Virginia?

What scam artists they are!!!! I bet the FBI will be able to track them down. They can just respond to the ad and set them up, etc.

Keep us posted if you hear anything!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
how awful. reaffirms my belief that dogs are better than most people... grrrrr.

there is a "claim" of sorts on puppydogweb that they don't take fraud lightly, and to alert them to any scams, etc. be sure your friend follows up with that one, just in case the site has any other info on these dispicable people.

good luck to your friend/coworker/customer. i will hope that the swift boot of justice finds their a** quickly.

ann marie and the "kick butt now, take names later...let's go girls!" buttercup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts