Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it. I thought about putting it under buy/sell but that didn't seem right... anyway.

I am in need of two "ugly" Christmas sweaters for my pups. My crazy mom has arranged for my crazy family to get our Christmas picture (for Christmas cards) taken on Thanksgiving and she wants everyone in coordinating-ish gaudy, cheesy, tacky Christmas sweaters (to be funny... not because she has no style haha). The two of us went to Goodwill and stockpiled a bunch of perfect sweaters. I am talking glitz and beads and sequins and reindeer and teddy bears and bright colors and snowmen and shoulder pads... well, I think you know what I'm talking about. :) My mom has an adult Maltese and found a child's sweater that will fit him with some alterations but my girls are so little that I am having a hard time finding something. :/ They wear an XXS or an XS and are right under four pounds. I looked in newborn baby clothes but there was nothing gaudy or "ugly" there... it was all much too adorable! Same with puppy clothes. If I can't think of something, they will have to wear something cute and that will just ruin it. :(

If anyone has any ideas or any links or anything, I would really really appreciate it!!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Rebecca, I have a children's clothing Thrift store in town that I was going to go to this week. I will look there as I know they have all of their Christmas clothes out. maybe I could find a gaudy boys sweather and can alter it for you.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kelly you are so sweet! With everything you have going on with Terra and her upcoming pups, you are still offering to help me out. So so nice. :happy: However, I would hate to ask you to do this because I am sure you are preoccupied with other stuff right now but thank you so much for offering. But... if you are there shopping anyway and spot something, I would buy it from you and get my mom to do the alterations. That goes for anyone. Something very cheap (very cheap) and I will reimburse you. I'm talking used and like under $5 each.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow. The princess sweater coat is closer to what I had in mind, if I can say that without being offensive at all. :) Thanks for the links. I agree, it is hard to find something. Anything in that small of a size is meant for a pup or a baby and who dresses either of them in gaudy sweaters? :)

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Try Goodwill or Salvation Army or any second hand places,they should have old Christmas sweaters that babies or toddlers may have outgrown....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We bought eleven sweaters within like, seconds at the Goodwill in town. My side of the family is ten people, plus my mom's Maltese, so eleven Christmas sweaters were located and purchased within about ten minutes, all in one store! But I'm having a harder time finding one that teeny. Maybe I can fake it... that red sweater coat inspired me. I can take two of the sweaters they already have and attach big pompoms or jinglebells or a big guady broach on the back or something. (No worries, they will be on just briefly for the picture... they won't just be wearing them unsupervised or anything.) I am glad I thought to ask this because those above posts indirectly inspired me. Thanks! :happy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts