Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a really hard time sleeping. Once my head hits the pillow, my mine starts up full speed....thinking...thinking...thinking. I can jump from one subject in a second.

A doctor suggested that I have a small glass of red wine before bed time, to relax me. So I bought a bottle today, omg, this stuff is nasty!! Turning Leaf (Merlot) I want a mild sweet taste. This is kinda bitter and really strong. If I drink as glass of this, don't think I will worry about sleeping.....be passed out. :new_Eyecrazy:

Any suggestions in a brand/type to try.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
You might try a Pinot Noir for a less heavy flavor. I also like McWilliams Merlot and Penfold's Rawsons Retreat Merlot. Right now we are into Cabernet/Shiraz blends. The thing about red wine is that it is kind of an acquired taste. It also goes bad pretty fast since you don't refrigerate it. (I do serve mine at wine cellar temp. rather than room temp.) I think its kind of like beer (when you first start drinking beer) - you have to drink more than a glass to kind of warm up to the flavor.

I used to drink only white wine. Now I am into reds and I find white wine to be way to sweet.

Maybe you could drink two glasses with a little cheese and crackers and kind of start to develop your taste in red wine.....

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
MsMagnolia is correct. The red wines are normally a little heartier. The Shiraz and Reislings are sweeter. A nice mild red is something like Shiraz/Merlot, Black Swan actually makes a pretty good one for everyday consumption, and it is not expensive. Don't buy wines because of the price, buy them because you like them. Columbia Crest Grande Estates make a good Merlot, but it might be too strong for you since you are not used to the reds. Kendal Jackson Reserve Merlot is tasty, but again probably to much for a beginner. You know, if you are using it for relaxation it doesn't matter if you choose red or white. The reds are normally used more for medicimal (sp?) purposes, ie good for the heart. But for relaxation the wine color doesn't matter.
If you like sweet the Zinfandels are sweet, a good Chardonnay is hard to beat. Stay away from the Blancs like Sauvignon Blanc because they are too dry for someone who is not a wine drinker. For Chardonnay try something like Columbia Crest Grande Estates. It is very buttery with apple overtones and smooth. Makes sure you get the Grande Estates and not the Two Vine. For something very light and not very wine tasting you can go with something like Inglenook Chardonnay. Very inexpensive and light. A non-wine drinker would really like it, a wine drinker would think it is just an okay table type wine. I am not sure where you are located, but if you can get a wine called............San Sabastian (name of winery located in St. Augustine, FL) their white wine called "Vintners White." OMG it tastes exactly like drinking liquid Muskadine grapes. No lie it is like drinking a dessert
You could probably drink the whole darn bottle and enjoy it
But whatever you do, do not buy wine becaue of the price. Buy wine for its flavor and taste. As you experiment you will find that you will like wines that others do not and visa versa. You do not have to spend $20 a bottle to get a good everyday wine. You can spend $5--$8 and get great everyday stuff. The whites and Zin's will last a while in the refrigerator; however, the reds only last 2-3 days after they are opened. If you buy and open a wine you do not like, do not pour it out. You can cook with it, especially the whites. You could try going to wine tastings if you are in an area that offers them. Some of the wine/alcohol retailers offer them almost weekly. Even when you go out to dinner, you can request to taste (sample) the house wine or even a selection off of the menu. Then you can decided not to order. If you do sample the house wine and you like it be sure and ask the name. Remember most of the time, not always, but most of the time the house wine will be a less expensive lighter wine, ie Sutter Home....there are too many to name. If you learn to enjoy wine remember, always drink what you like. People say reds with red meat, and white with white meats. I am hear to tell you that I have lived long enough to have learned a couple of things.
1 - Life is too short to dance with ugly men.
2 - Drink the wine you like. If you don't like it it will not go well with white or red meat.

Here is something good to try.............A small amount of Merlot (about an oz.) into that splash a tiny bit of Worchester Sauce mix it around. Use it to drizzle over grilled Salmon or steak. You may have to experiment with the combo until you find how you like it, but it is really good on Salmon.

I hope this info is not too confusing.

****Great toast for women................Men, coffee, and chocolates...the RICHER the BETTER!!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Sassy's Mom and I would probably have a great time in Napa or Sonoma. I agree with what she said. I only drink red these days - no matter whether I have fish, chicken, etc.

Right now we are loving the Australian wines. They are delicious and very reasonably priced. Love Black Swan and Little Boombey, and Little Penguin, and Yellow Tail. Last night we went out to dinner in Destin, FL and had Alice White Merlot which was fantastic. Point here is that that you really don't have to spend a fortune for excellent, flavorful wine.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Nov 14 2005, 01:34 AM
Sassy's Mom and I would probably have a great time in Napa or Sonoma.  I agree with what she said.  I only drink red these days - no matter whether I have fish, chicken, etc. 

Right now we are loving the Australian wines.  They are delicious and very reasonably priced.  Love Black Swan and Little Boombey, and Little Penguin, and Yellow Tail.  Last night we went out to dinner in Destin, FL and had Alice White Merlot which was fantastic.  Point here is that that you really don't have to spend a fortune for excellent, flavorful wine.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119418
[/QUOTE]

Have you tried the Washingston State wines? The wine country there is on the same paralle (sp?) as that in France and Washington State wines are good. The Columbia Crest's that I mentioned are Washington State wines. Very good! I like the Alice White, Black Swan, Yellow Tail, have not tried the Little Penguin or Little Boombey. As a rule the Australian wines are a little thin for me, but not bad. I also like one of their Chianti's but can't remember the label name, just that it has a Knight on the front

Some Chardonnays I like are: Chateau St. Michelle and Stimson (made by Chateau St. Michelle) both Washington State wines. Nathanson Creek is a new winery out of Washington State and was pretty good in 2001, 2002 but I have not liked the 2004. St. Francis is pretty good. Alice White Chard is good.

I tried one called "Red Bicyclist" notice the key word here....tried
not very good but catchy name and label. I had a Merlot at my sister-in-laws home a couple of weeks ago.I think it was Fox Creek but can't swear to it. It was not bad, very mild. Fox Creek is an Australian wine.

I too mostly drink Reds, but occasionally do resort back to a Chardonnay. I don't like the reds when they have too much tannins in them. Makes them too bitey. Sassy likes a good Chardonnay
but she will turn that little black nose up quick if it is not "the good stuff."

MsMagnolia do you have relatives in Destin? My brother and his family live in Ft. Walton Beach. My mom lives just northeast of Pensaocla. My father lived in Gulfport until Feb. 2004, he died 02/05/04. I love the Ft. Walton Beach/Destin area.

Puddles Mom, I forgot to mention............a lot of wineries are getting away from real corks because of the contamination. If you ever open a bottle of red wine and it tastes bad, very tannin, kinda flat and rotten
smell the cork. If the cork smells bad chances are the cork has gone bad and spoiled the wine. You might be able to return it.....it is worth a try. Anyway, I guess what I am saying here is that if you see and artifical cork do not automatically think it is cheap wine. Also, if you are at all crafty save the corks. You can make really neat things with the corks. For example, I have made cork wreaths, in fact I currently have one hanging over my cooktop. It is adorned with grapes and a bow. Looks great! I also made napkin rings using corks. This weekend I designed and put together a Horn of Plenty for my girlfriend's Thanksgiving table. As a little whimsy I hot glued a couple of different kinds of leaves on to a stem, then took three different kinds of corks (a sweet wine, a red wine, a white wine) and I hot glued them onto the stem to make a kind of cluster. Then I placed the "cork" cluster into the arrangement. It gave it a little hint of "celebration" and a definite conversation value.

Hint #2: If you get the white wines TOO cold they lose some of their flavor. I actually like white wines when they are a little more towards the wine cellar temp. Not too cold but not room temp.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Love Chateau St. Michelle. Haven't tried Stimson.

We don't have any relatives in Destin, but love it there. Went to Destin for a weekend trip to look at houses. We are going to bulldoze our house in Gulfport and start over. We've been looking at designs and floor plans. We didn't want Katrina, but are trying to make the best of the situation. We got a fair settlement on insurance and might as well build the house we WANT.

PS. Red Bicyclette is nasty. Cute label tho!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Dear Susan and Pat,

I read your posts but I must say I just get all confused so maybe you could make a few recommendations just for us... we are non-wine drinkers and don't like at all the taste of alcohol. We are on a budget but would like to try some wines that we could pick up at a grocery store -- any suggestions for us? My husband always wants to go wine tasting in Santa Barbara but seeing that we know so little, I never agree to (and we probably never will). So, any decent cheap wines? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by okw@Nov 14 2005, 10:03 PM
Dear Susan and Pat,

I read your posts but I must say I just get all confused so maybe you could make a few recommendations just for us...  we are non-wine drinkers and don't like at all the taste of alcohol.  We are on a budget but would like to try some wines that we could pick up at a grocery store -- any suggestions for us?  My husband always wants to go wine tasting in Santa Barbara but seeing that we know so little, I never agree to (and we probably never will).  So, any decent cheap wines?  Thanks in advance!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119741
[/QUOTE]

I am a cheap wine drinker myself....
I like White Zinfandel....don't have a particular brand that I like better than others, but that kind is my favorite. You can get it fairly cheap at the liquor store.
I also like Arbor Mist...they have some really good flavors...I like the peach and the strawberry flavors. In a real pinch I will drink Boone's Farm. (from my college days!
) You can get it even at Walmart.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Grocery stores here do not carry wine, so I'm not sure what brands would be available to you. Go to your favorite store and ask for one of these Australian wines: Yellow Tail, Little Penguin, Little Boombey, Jindalee. Each of those brands come in various varieties. If you want to try a white then check out the Chardonnays. If you want to try reds you might try one of the blends - Cabernet/Shiraz or Cabernet/Merlot. They are very pleasant without being overbearing. You should not have to pay over $8-9 per bottle for those and some of them may be as little as $6 a bottle. We drink a lot of wine and have found that price is not always indicative of quality. Those three brands will be very reasonable and give you lots of different varieties to try.

I believe that wine is an acquired taste. Even if you don't love it, you will undoubtedly be in social situations that will make some basic knowledge very helpful. It would probably be best to do some tasting on your own and get a feel for what you like. White wines might be the best place to start. Try keeping a little notebook or pad so that you can remember which ones you like and which one you didn't like.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
PS. Olga, we did some wine tasting in Sonoma a long time ago when we rarely drank wine. It was really fun and the wine folks are MORE than happy to help teach you all about it. Take it from me - after a few glasses it ALL tastes good!

You SHOULD go and do some tasting. It would be fun!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Nov 14 2005, 12:48 AM
Love Chateau St. Michelle. Haven't tried Stimson. 

We don't have any relatives in Destin, but love it there.  Went to Destin for a weekend trip to look at houses.  We are going to bulldoze our house in Gulfport and start over.  We've been looking at designs and floor plans.  We didn't want Katrina, but are trying to make the best of the situation.  We got a fair settlement on insurance and might as well build the house we WANT.

PS.  Red Bicyclette is nasty.  Cute label tho!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119423
[/QUOTE]

Chateau St. Michelle, Stimson, Domaine St. Michelle and Columbia Crest (probably forgetting a few) are made by Stimson Lane, I worked for them years ago. They make very good wine and champagne at a very good price.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Nov 14 2005, 08:53 PM
PS.  Olga, we did some wine tasting in Sonoma a long time ago when we rarely drank wine.  It was really fun and the wine folks are MORE than happy to help teach you all about it.  Take it from me - after a few glasses it ALL tastes good!

You SHOULD go and do some tasting.  It would be fun!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119754
[/QUOTE]

Susan,

We probably really should since wine is often important in many social events. I will definitely try the ones you recommended. Thanks!!!!

How is your daughter doing (the one in dental school)?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Nov 14 2005, 08:08 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-okw
@Nov 14 2005, 10:03 PM
Dear Susan and Pat,

I read your posts but I must say I just get all confused so maybe you could make a few recommendations just for us...  we are non-wine drinkers and don't like at all the taste of alcohol.  We are on a budget but would like to try some wines that we could pick up at a grocery store -- any suggestions for us?  My husband always wants to go wine tasting in Santa Barbara but seeing that we know so little, I never agree to (and we probably never will).  So, any decent cheap wines?  Thanks in advance!!

I like White Zinfandel....don't have a particular brand that I like better than others, but that kind is my favorite. You can get it fairly cheap at the liquor store.
I also like Arbor Mist...they have some really good flavors...I like the peach and the strawberry flavors. In a real pinch I will drink Boone's Farm. (from my college days!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119743
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thank you for your suggestions as well!!! You must be soooo excited with new pup coming home soo soon. I am sitting here all alone dogless and lonely

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by okw+Nov 15 2005, 10:55 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2005, 08:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-okw
@Nov 14 2005, 10:03 PM
Dear Susan and Pat,

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119743

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your suggestions as well!!! You must be soooo excited with new pup coming home soo soon. I am sitting here all alone dogless and lonely
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120043
[/B][/QUOTE]

Sry...big hugs to you...I can't even imagine how lonely you must feel.
It will all be worth it in the end and this will be but a fading memory.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Originally posted by okw@Nov 14 2005, 11:03 PM
Dear Susan and Pat,

[/QUOTE]

Olga,
I am sorry I did not see your post until tonight. MsMagnolia is correct in that wine is an acquired taste, just like coffee, beer, and other things people choose to drink. The Australian blends that she mentioned are pretty mild. My favorite of the Australian blends that I have tried is Black Swan Shiraz/Merlot. Shiraz is a sweeter wine and the Merlot's are known for their richness. The Shiraz/Merlot is very smooth and nice.

Tlunn mentioned White Zinfandel. Zin's are sweeter wines that are made from pressing grapes with the skins intact, thus giving the pinkish color. A lot of wine beginners start with Zinfandels because as a rule they are sweeter. Sutter Home, Inglenook, Nathanson Creek all make inexpensive everyday wines.

You are presently located in CA so you have the wine country at your finger tips. I agree with your husband......why not go to some wine tastings. This is the best way to try wines without having to buy the bottle and therefore you will know whether or not you like. They normally have little buckets available for you to pour any wine that you do not find pleasing. So you do not have to drink the stuff you don't like. The wineries will offer several wines at their tastings; whereas, the local wine cellars or liquor stores will mostly off 2--3 at the time. You do not even have to say to anyone that you are a beginner. Just sip and enjoy. Also, do not feel pressured to purchase any of the wines you sample after the tasting is over.
****You might be thinking that you don't know anything about all of that swirling and sniffing and such. I will give you a crash course. It is very easy. First of all there is no real need to swirl and sniff white wines unless you just like to do that. White wines are ready to drink right out of the bottle and do not really need to breathe. Now red wines are supposed to breathe a little before consumption. The reason is something to do with mixing with the air allows the flavors and aroma to develop. Therefore people will swirl the glass. Give it a try it is easy....and it gives the impression that you know about wines whether you do or not
Then sniff the red wine. All people are doing when they do this is enjoying the aroma of the wine....or not if the wine is not one that they will be particularly pleased with. Sniffing also gives you a little idea of what you might expect the wine to taste like. Then taste a sip hold the red wine in your mouth for a second...allow your taste buds to get the tru flavor.... you can even swish it around a little if you like. (Just don't gargle people will think you are a true wino
) Anyway, that is the nutshell about all of that swirling, sniffing and sipping. It is not rocket science, although some people look very elegant and knowledgable when they engage in these acts. You do not have to swirl and sniff with each and every sip. A lot of people just do that because they are truly enjoying their glass of wine.

Of the wines we have talked about thus far.....Zinfandels are the sweetest, then Shiraz, and then the red blends (no matter if they are Australian, African, Californian, doesn't matter.)

So now let's talk white wines. When I started drinking wine I kind of started on the opposite end. My husband drinks Merlot so that is where I began. He drinks good merlot so it was easy to acquire the taste. So I have just in the last year I guess began experimenting with the Chardonnays. (Still to this day I stay away from the Blancs like Sauvignon Blanc. Hmmmmmmmmmm I think it takes an almost wino to enjoy that crap. Just my opinion. The true conisures like it but I just do not like anything that dry. To me the very dry wines tastes like dirty gym socks smell. I don't mean girls gym socks. I mean like when you walk past the boys locker room and someone happens to open the door. [Sorry Joe and Scott.]) Ok back to Chardonnay. A good Chardonay is smooth, crisp, and has wonderful undertones of almost any fruit you can imagine depending on the company. Some companie's Chard's will have undertones of apple, some pear, maybe citrus although you will never detect quiet what the flavor is, and butter. To me when it comes to Chardonnay's they don't come any better than a crisp, smooth buttery, appley easy to swallow taste. It should have a nice finish....which means that after you swallow and breathe you still get the accents of the flavors. If it is bitey or bittery then you cannot enjoy something like that. Inexpensive Chardonnays include: Inglenook, Columbia Crest Two Vine (personally I do not like the Two Vine---I like the Grande Estates, but it costs about $3-4 a bottle more). Nathanson Creek, Sutter Home, Ridgemont, Yellowtail (Australian) etc. There are many that are descent.

Port wines are reds and I do not know a lot about them. My brother who travels the world in his job loves Port wines. He also likes dark stout German beer. So that may tell you something about Port. I think a person has to know what they are looking for in a Port. I also think that Port is a wine that you cannot skimp on the price. My sister-in-law gave Charles and I a bottle of Port for our anniversary last year. We did not think a lot about it other than it being a bottle of wine. Weellllllllll, OMG when we opened it it was absolutely wonderful. I said to my husband, oh honey we have to get a case of this. We can enjoy and give as gifts, yada yada yada. So I called the liquor store. They only had one bottle in stock and it was $53 a bottle. Needless to say, that ended that little gift giving idea. Because unless you know for sure that a person loves Port wine then that is money poured down the sink.

My step-daughter loves Chianti, but I can never remember the label name. I just recognize the label on the bottle. Chianti is thinner than Merlot and I think Cabernet. But it is pretty mild. She is actually a white wine drinker so I guess the Chianti is her choice in reds.

Another way to try wines to see what you might like is to just order a glass when you go out to dinner. Most resturants offer a "house" wine. These "house" wines are normally more inexpensive than the better known brands and as a rule milder. Also, keep in mind that if you ever order a wine and it is not good send it back. Sometimes resturants may leave a wine on the shelf or in the refrigerator a day too long after it has been opened. That makes for a not so plesant taste. Just like soda, once it has been opened there is a window that it is acceptable to the taste. After that it is a dead soldier. (no offense to anyone with a loved one in the war. I too have a soldier in that war...that is another story which I will soon post.) The expression is actually a wine expression for an unacceptable bottle. Also, books......there are some really good books that you can read to educate yourself on wines, ie the difference in tastes from certain parts of the world, different vineyards, etc. ***if you order a house wine and you like it ask your waiter for the name. They will tell you. In fact, before ordering I normally say, "What is your "House"Chardonnay, or Merlot?"

Africa, Australia, US, France, Italy and on and on. Many countries around the world offer wines. Some areas grow grapes that do well in dry weather, other types of grapes need cooler climates. It also takes vineyards many years to mature the vines to produce great grapes. And even with that the weather plays probably the most important role in whether or not the vintage for that year will be good or not. Also, in the liquor stores you will most often see ratings on different varities. Anything over a say 93 is supposed to be a very good wine. Even 89 is good. But going back to what MsMagnolia said in her post. Wine is an acquired taste and what one person likes another might not like. So you have to find what you like. Let me just interject something before I forget. France is know for their wines; however, they do not export the good stuff. So finding a great French wine in the US is next to impossible. You will do just as good to stick with the Californian. Speaking of which.......CA has the coastal wines, Sonoma wines, Napa Valley wines, etc. So if you try a wine whether it is red, white, or Zin and you do not like it take a note as to what region it is from. The grapes are different from region to region. Washington State has a couple of very good wineries. I know you keep hearing me say Columbia Crest Grande Estates. Columbia Crest is the winery and their Grande Estates is their best as far as what I have tried. Although they may have a Grande Reserve and if they do then it would probably make you slap your grandma because it would be just too good.
Anytime you see "Grande Reserve" it is what that winery is considering their creme de la creme. Although they would probably say something like, "The nectar of the Gods."

Most liquor stores have a wine specialist. These guys can be very knowledgeable and helpful. Although you have to remember not everyone has the same taste buds. So what I normally do if I have a question about a particular wine. I will describe what I like. Then when he shows me his suggestion I will ask him to compare that wine to one that I am familiar with. Communication.....yep that is the word here.

Ok now that I have probably told you waaaayyyyyyyyyy more than you wanted to know about wines here is my last statements, and they are personal preference only. I like Washington State and California wines in both red and white. I like some of the Australian wines but to me they are not as smooth as the WS and CA. I really like the Black Swan Shiraz/Merlot but I have not tried the Chardonnay. I will try that this week and let you know.

Sorry that this is so long. Ok, me and MsMagnolia are going to have a glass of wine one day would you care to join us?

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I did not want to mix my self up in this topic. I was born and raised in France where everybody drinks wine. But I can not pass this up. Today in our newspaper is a big article called "Wine adds novelty to a traditional meal". Now comes the good part (lol) :

IF MONEY'S NO OBJECT :

- Aperitif : with luxe hors d'oeuvres, Krug "Clos de Mesnil" Champagne ($500)
- Main course : Red burgundy ? Try 1995 Romanée-Conti, the ne plus ultra of pinots at about $ 1,000.
- For (not with) dessert : 1967 Château d'Yquem, around $ 650, or 1945 Niepoort Vintage Port, about $500

I don't buy US wines because they are more expensive then french wines, have more alcohol content, and have always more sweetness in them then french wines. I don't like sweet wines. I can tell you if a wine is from the US or France just by the after taste. Our daughter tried to trick us once but did not succeed. Now last time we were at their house, we opened a bottle of their wines (we were running out of the ones we bring with us - they drink seldom alcohol) and this was a US wine and it was very good. We told our son in law and he said, Ya it should be pretty good, it's a very expensive wine. We would not have opened the bottle knowing it was expensive. I am glad it was a bottle he got for free (he is Chef in a nice restaurant). He did not mind us opening it.
I would not recommend drinking white wine in the evening if you want to sleep. It might relax you but won't put you to sleep. Also, white wines are more acidic and if you have gout it's a no no.
Now for the saying red wine with red meat, white wine with white meat. It's more red wine with meat and white wine with fish. Of course you can drink white wine with white meat but a light red wine is as good. All depends on taste. Normally you would drink a heavy red wine with Venison or marinated meat. They also say to drink a sweet white wine wit Foie Gras. Well, I don't like it. I prefer a red wine with my Foie Gras. Red wine should be served at room temperature, but a light red wine like Beaujolais (especially nouveau) is nice also when lightly chilled. My every day red wine costs $ 2.99 a bottle and is in the refrigerator to keep from spoiling.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
OK.. I can't help you with wine but perhaps I can help you fall asleep without it! I can't fall asleep without the TV on and it has to be a very "calm" program. Since I can't always find that on TV I have a couple DVD's that always put me to sleep immediately. Sometimes I don't even get past the opening credits! The type of DVD that works for me is one with a lot of calm dialogue and no loud parts or action. Some of those are About Schmidt, Office Space, and Meet the Fockers. Plus any of the Chris Guest movies such as Best in Show, A Mighty Wind, etc. I set my TV timer to turn off so I don't wake up to noise or anything. This works full proof for me.

It is important to have something to occupy your mind so you won't start thinking about problems, etc. Sometimes if I wake up in the middle of the night and don't feel like messing with the TV, etc. I will start counting backwards from 100 to keep my mind from wandering and it almost always puts me to sleep.

Good luck!!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that once you put the DVD on, don't sit up and watch it. Just lie back and close your eyes and listen intently to the dialogue. This will keep you from thinking and will lull you right to sleep!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
For those of you passionate about wines... I hope you saw the movie Sideways. If you haven't seen it... you must!! It's on the HBO schedule now...

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All I got to say is.....You ladies know your wines

Going back and reread the replies and take notes this time. Didn't know choosing a wine could be so hard.

Sweet....mild....red....white....dry....

No to white, since I'm drinking it to relax before bed time.....right???

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Puddles Mom@Nov 16 2005, 09:24 PM
All I got to say is.....You ladies know your wines 

Going back and reread the replies and take notes this time.  Didn't know choosing a wine could be so hard.

Sweet....mild....red....white....dry....

No to white, since I'm drinking it to relax before bed time.....right???
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120452
[/QUOTE]

I drink white to relax...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts