Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love all this chat about maltese and everything else. However, I find myself neglecting my everyday chores. You should see my clothes pile that needs to be folded. I can see how this can get very addicting. So, I have decided that I need to limit myself to one forum. I noticed that there are a lot of the same people on both SM and MO. Can someone highlight the differences between the two so I can choose which one best suits my needs? I have no complaints about either one. I just need to limit my useage. It is amazing how time gets by when you are reading about maltese. I just get lost in it!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
hehehehe. You don't want to know! LOL Just stick to SM. Unless you want to find out the hard way.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have been on both too. However MO is like Nazi Germany. They have to approve everything you say. I am an adult, I can say what I want. When ever you post, sometimes it takes a full day to get on, if at all. And sometimes, this really makes me mad
, they edit what you say. Take out parts they don't like and make you look like an idiot. No brand names, no recommendations on products good or bad. We all know what works and what doesn't, why can't we pass on what we know so newbies don't spend a fortune and find out it's no good. I spent a couple of hundred bucks on tear stain remover only to find out that none of them worked. If I could have asked questions, I could have saved a ton of money. Stay at SM, you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by maltsmom@Apr 14 2005, 11:15 AM
I have been on both too.  However MO is like Nazi Germany.  They have to approve everything you say.  I am an adult, I can say what I want.  When ever you post, sometimes it takes a full day to get on, if at all.  And sometimes, this really makes me mad
, they edit what you say.  Take out parts they don't like and make you look like an idiot. 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52579
[/QUOTE]
I've heard of them totally changing the posts. There was someone who said they posted a message disagreeing with someone but when it was finally posted it the message had been changed and it was now agreeing with the person. There wasn't one thing in it that was from his orginally post.

I agree stick with SM! Everyone is a lot more friendly here.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
The Top Ten reasons why I like SM are:

1. A Photo Gallery where you can upload lots of pictures and view lots of pictures.

2. Smilies and colors can be inserted in to posts.

3. The ability to post photos within posts. This is especially helpful with grooming tips. Posts such as these are particularly helpul and would not be allowed on some other forums:
Top Knot Pictoral or this Grooming Tools Pictoral (Thanks so much JMM!!)

4. The ability to send a "private message" to SM members. This is nice when you want to support someone going through a bad time, find out more info on a subject, or just find out why someone hasn't posted in a while. It is even helpful if you have a rescue to place, such as this wonderful situation with Sheila and Lamby: Nikki Needs A Home

5. You can learn so much on SM because we are allowed to post brand names of products, where to get them, and even post product photos. Check out this fun thread: Dog Carriers - Which Should I Buy

6. SM is divided up in to Sub-Forums so you can read the subjects you are interested in. For example, if you are not interested in the "Anything Goes" category, you can bypass it. You can also view the posts by "new posts" if you want to see all of the posts in all categories that you have not yet read.

7. Posts are not moderated so there is free speech. Your post will not be edited nor your words changed. Within the bounds of common decency (no profanity, etc.), you are allowed to post whatever is on your mind.

8. Posts appear as soon a they are "sent" so if you have an urgent question, you don't have to wait hours to see read the replies to it. Even if you don't have an urgent question, the fact that posts show right away, allows for a smoother communication process and you don't have the frustration of seeing that something was posted but not know what it says.

9. You can edit your post. If after posting you see that you have a typo or you realize that your post didn't make sense, you can make changes to it.

10. And last but not least are the people. SM contributors bring all sorts of information to the forum. Some are old time Maltese owners and have advice from years of experience, some are veterinary professionals, some are new owners who at first may ask more than they inform. Some are breeders... some are looking to buy. The ages range from 11 to over 60. Members hail from all over the U.S. and several other countries such as New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, England and we have lots of Canadian members. Sometimes we get overly passionate in our opinions but our hearts are in the right place!

Now, having said all this.... you may find that this is not what you are looking for. There are perhaps some people who prefer a site that is moderated very strictly. Every forum has its own "personality" and what is seen as a positive aspect to one person, may be seen as negative to another. SM is the right "fit" for me. I hope you'll decide to join us!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your input. I have posted on MO and did have part of mine deleted. It was just a little side not telling someone that I used to live in the part of the country that they live in. Totally innocent. I wonder what responses I would get if I tried to pose this same question on MO.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by kab@Apr 14 2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks for all your input.  I have posted on MO and did have part of mine deleted.  It was just a little side not telling someone that I used to live in the part of the country that they live in.  Totally innocent.  I wonder what responses I would get if I tried to pose this same question on MO. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52625
[/QUOTE]
It would probably be DELETED.
:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts