Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
17,634 Posts
If they are crossing the highway, it's just a matter of time before they are hit by a car. As my father used to say, "All it takes is one trip across the road".

Do you have a leash law? You could report it and see if they will send someone to warn her that the next time the dog will be impounded and she'll have to pay a fine. It's sad, but some people wouldn't care about the life of the dog, but do care about their pocket book.

Can to convince her to install a gate by her front door? A lot of people have done that to make sure their dog doesn't get out when they open the door.

Horrible situation.

· Registered
17,634 Posts
Originally posted by mimi2@Sep 14 2005, 12:28 PM
I say take the dog and then turn it over to a rescue group if you can't keep him/her.  In my opinion she doesn't deserve to own the dog. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99604
[/QUOTE]

She can't take the dog. As she says, it's stealing and she could be prosecuted for a crime.

And rescue groups have a pretty extensive protocol for anyone turning their pet over to them to make sure the dog is legally theirs to place in a new home. They are just as careful about accepting a dog as they are about placing one. That's why it is never a good idea to adopt a dog or cat from a shelter to "save" it with the intention of turning it over to rescue. It doesn't work that way. The dog or cat might not be accepted, and you might end up with a dog you don't want or having to return it to the shelter.

Difficult situation to handle.

· Registered
17,634 Posts
Originally posted by paris@Sep 14 2005, 01:51 PM
Why not ask her if you can have the dog.  What have you got to lose?  Maybe she can't take care of her properly and doesn't know what to do with her now.  She could always come over and see her if she wanted to.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99636
[/QUOTE]

She probably wouldn't want to endanger herself by crossing that highway!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.