Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am really starting to get nervous about picking up Noel. I have been having dreams everynight. The other night I had a nightmare about it. Long story short when I got there to pick her up (in the dream) she was not white but black.

Anyway I have been tring to get what all we need a little at a time. So with the last week and a half upon us I need to finish getting everything so what am I forgetting?

I have:
several SS dishes
puppy food
treats
200 wee wee pads
bitter apple
CC buttercomb
CC shampoo and conditioner
spray leave in detangler
baby wipes
harness
leash....which it seems so big...well the metel clippy does at least I think I need a smaller one maybe
nylabone
several toys
bed
crate
first aid kit
hair dryer stand
several blankets
TONS of bows
Sweater
baby gates (I told my hubby we were saving those for a reason he just didn't believe me lol)
four bags

I know I still have to get:
nail clippers...where is a good place to get them?
NutraCal .. again where do you get that at?

I know there has to be other things I am over looking?

HELP!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
List looked good to me as I scanned over it.
I got Neyland a cat leash and harness at Petsmart.
It is more his size.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my harness is a kitty one it is tiny but the leash is for a dog size small it was the ONLY one that i could find within a 40 mile radius of me that was pink

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
my harness is a kitty one it is tiny but the leash is for a dog size small it was the ONLY one that i could find within a 40 mile radius of me that was pink
[/B]

Oh, that stinks...
Our Petsmart had the light blue paw print collar and a very small/light leash in the matching solid color in the kitty section. I wouldn't like the leash for Brink, b/c it is too small/light, but it was perfect for Neyland.
I know they had the pink paw print collars with leashes to match too...
Maybe you should check again.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Nutrical you can buy at Petsmart, Pet supermarket, Petco, or at your vet`s office. Also online at Dr foster and smith.
I can feel your excitement, i am happy for you. Noel is very lucky

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Sounds like you have everything covered! AHHHH the excitement!
Lamby being my last one,I could hardly contain myself on the plane to go get her! I was afraid that when I got there Robyn(cookiecat) would change her mind or that Lamby wouldnt like me!Have fun and the time will go by fast!

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
You are so funny!!! I rememer how excited I was!!!! New baby, soooo much fun!!!!!!! Do you have.....................

Lots of kisses saved up
patience in reserve
some stored up sleep (for those first nights your puppy keeps you up crying or you can't sleep from excitement)
PAPER TOWELS AND ENZYME CLEANER for those gonna happen accidents
LOTS of energy to keep up with that new puppu

Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I'll bet you are SO excited. I still just love the name "Noel". Can't wait to hear all about your Christmas baby.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Waiting is the hardest part, isn't it? I wouldn't worry too much about your dreams...catch up on your sleep for those midnight potty runs! I am sure things will be fine and Noel will be beautiful! As far as nail clippers go, I still use human baby nail clippers to clip her nails. They work well and I never really have to worry that I am clipping too far because they are so small to begin with. I usually do them while she is in the bath, that way the nails are softened by the warm water and a bit easier to clip. When does Noel come home?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys you made me feel better.

I have baby nail clippers from my kiddos so I will try those. OK gotta get the Nutra cal and I will be set i guess. I hope. LOL

Still on the look out for the leash...I wish I had a PetSmart closer...the closest one is like 2 hours away I'm just smawped with Petco and the one close by just didn't have what I wanted. I keep checking walmart i know I had gotten my cat one a loooong time ago. Darn if i can't find that one. its not like it was used much lol...for some reason the darn cat just wouldn't walk on a leash hehehe...I am a pack rat so I know its somewhere but where i have no clue.

OH she comes home on Dec. 10.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Thanks guys you made me feel better.

I have baby nail clippers from my kiddos so I will try those. OK gotta get the Nutra cal and I will be set i guess. I hope. LOL

Still on the look out for the leash...I wish I had a PetSmart closer...the closest one is like 2 hours away I'm just smawped with Petco and the one close by just didn't have what I wanted. I keep checking walmart i know I had gotten my cat one a loooong time ago. Darn if i can't find that one. its not like it was used much lol...for some reason the darn cat just wouldn't walk on a leash hehehe...I am a pack rat so I know its somewhere but where i have no clue.

OH she comes home on Dec. 10.[/B]
How about PetSmart on-line? Or Target? T-minus 10 and counting.....

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
You are so funny!!! I rememer how excited I was!!!! New baby, soooo much fun!!!!!!! Do you have.....................

Lots of kisses saved up
patience in reserve
some stored up sleep (for those first nights your puppy keeps you up crying or you can't sleep from excitement)
PAPER TOWELS AND ENZYME CLEANER for those gonna happen accidents
LOTS of energy to keep up with that new puppu

Good Luck!!![/B]

·
Registered
802 Posts
I saw nail cutters in the super market and even in Kmart. I also wondered about the baby nail cuters...would they work on a malti? I guess if you cut holding the blade verticlely it would work.

You sound like me, I got everything before he got here, too.

The only optional things I could think of are white vineger for cleaning up urine scent and ear cleaning. Plently of paper towels. Cotton balls for the ears, which can wait. A pet water bottle for his crate, hangs off the side and prevents mouth water stains. Vineger is good for cleaning face stains too they say.
Doggy perfume is optional, too. I got round tipped small scissors in the nail section of the drug store for cutting eye hair....cheaper than the pet store.

I just found that Dollar Tree carries some dog toys...I always pick something up for him when I leave him home. Also, if you like...a small basket for his toys. Max has access to his and jumps in his basket with his toys and just hangs out there once in a while. It's so cute. They do get bored with the same toys, he alternates his own. Funny thing...empty soda bottles are his favorite...the cheapest thing.

I LOVE the name Noel, especially at this time of the year. CUTE!

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
My vet said you can use Karo syrup in a pinch in place of Nutrical. One advantage to Karo is that, especially in an emergency you can just rub it on their gums and it will be absorbed. So if you order the Nurical on line and it doesn't arrive just have the Karo on hand til the Nutrical does.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
The brand of Nikki's first harness was Li'l Pals. I got mine at PetsMart. Here is a website that carries the harness and the matching leash. Morrco Pet Supply

Nikki was 2lbs when I got her. I think I could have made the harness smaller if need be. I think the harness fit until she was around 3lbs.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Ok so I am really starting to get nervous about picking up Noel. I have been having dreams everynight. The other night I had a nightmare about it. Long story short when I got there to pick her up (in the dream) she was not white but black.

Anyway I have been tring to get what all we need a little at a time. So with the last week and a half upon us I need to finish getting everything so what am I forgetting?

I have:
several SS dishes
puppy food
treats
200 wee wee pads
bitter apple
CC buttercomb
CC shampoo and conditioner
spray leave in detangler
baby wipes
harness
leash....which it seems so big...well the metel clippy does at least I think I need a smaller one maybe
nylabone
several toys
bed
crate
first aid kit
hair dryer stand
several blankets
TONS of bows
Sweater
baby gates (I told my hubby we were saving those for a reason he just didn't believe me lol)
four bags

I know I still have to get:
nail clippers...where is a good place to get them?
NutraCal .. again where do you get that at?

I know there has to be other things I am over looking?

HELP!
[/B]

WOW YOUR LIST IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I had no where near as much stuff ready for Chulita when I picked her up at the airport. Then again I didn't find this site until after the fact. Anyway.......I didn't see any

NATURE'S MIRICLE SPRAY to clean up any accidents that may happen with potty training.

·
Registered
6 Posts
One thing I have found really useful is a cat collar with a small bell on it. Emma doesn't have free roam of the house yet but when she is out wandering, I would turn my back for a second and couldn't find her. My boys got tired of me saying "I lost Emma again. Come help me find her." Anyway, I got one of those safety ones so if it was caught on something, it will pull off (so its not for walks - like she'd actually walk anywhere!!) and she only wears it when she's out playing. The smallest cat collars (adjusted as small as possible) fits her reasonably well.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
You have a very long list there, it shows you are very excited about your new puppy.
On thing I think that was missing is a very good Brush

Here is a link on the topic
CC brushes
#1 All systems

Also you may want to invest in a rince less shampoo. One that you can use for little messes on your puppy were you don't really want to give them a bath, because they just had one yesterday.
Most of us us Proline... it also helps keep your puppy paws white as well .
I keep mine in a little spray bottle and keep it handy.

Link :
Proline
Proline were to order

Oh yeah as some one mentioned you will deffinetly need lots of paper towel.

congrats

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
You make me laugh with fond memories of the last few days before we could pick up Sammie. I even went and bought myself a new outfit--as if a 14 week old male puppy would even begin to care what I was wearing. I am so excited for you. What a wonderful forever mommy for Noel!

Samsonsmom

·
Registered
41 Posts
And the student becomes the teacher. Thank you for this post, I won't get Caleb for two more months but I am really glad to see a list of what I'll need. Good luck with the puppy, I'm so jealous!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts