Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brinkley will go to get neutered next month.
Vet said he used the inside seutures...)sp?) so he woudn't need the cone or anything. He said he only had one dog that messed with those kind so much...he said he had to sew that dog up 4 times. Said it aggravated him b/c none of the things to prevent it worked. (hope that Brinkley doesn't make that list...
)
Anyway, it only costs 60.00 and he doesn't have to stay overnight. He said I could drop him off before school and pick him up after. I was VERY pleased. :D

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did, and he said...60.00...unless something out of the ordinary happened and he had to do more than expected once in there. I didn't ask more after that comment b/c I didn't want to worry myself. He said his teeth looked fine right now, so he didn't see that being a problem either. He said the larger ones usually recovered quicker. He is weighing 6.2 right now, so I predict another pound or so to come...at least before the "day".

The cost is probably part of being in our rural area. He only charges 8.00 to do anal glands, where I read someone else's vet charged the 35.00 vet visit to do theirs. He is pretty good about charging for what you come for-I like that. Doesn't seem out to make a buck-
The time I had to take him in on Sunday evening for EATING the toilet paper roll, he only charged me the 25.00 emergency vet fee, and a very small amount for the medicine to settle his tummy. I was SO relieved when I got that bill. I was expecting over 50-maybe even 100.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
wow, those are great prices. and you're getting the pain meds, right? and also, with inside sutures--i still had sprite wear the cone. it just looks so nasty and bloody that i'm sure she was going to lick at it...and she tried. i hope everything goes great. good luck!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
They charged me 275 which included 2 baby teeth being pulled , Maxi stayed over night and he was fine once he saw me i stayed home and for 3 straight days with him and watched him closely because he cried when he had the cone on so i took it off , thing is he still tries to hump i am wondering why he would do that i thought this stops that ....I did it as soon as he was 6 months because i heard the longer you wait it hurts them more
anyway he was basically fine

·
Registered
416 Posts
I paid 60 for my baby to get neutered. He did very well
I wasnt so happy with my vet as a person but as a vet he did very well with Boom Boom

Boom was ready to play the next day or so. He was about 10 pounds when I had it done, but he was also 8 months old.

Also, I did not use a cone or anything with the pup. The vet assistant told me if he tried to lick to put some rightguard deoderant around the area, that they dont like the taste. Sure enough it worked. He really didn't try too hard to get to his stitches though.

Good luck with your little one!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have an appointment to have both my little boy and girl done on the same day. I figured it was easier if they both were down and less active at the same time vs one playing and the other one not. It will cost me $84 for the spay and $76 for the neuter and this includes all meds and follow-up visits. I think it is a fair price. I am sooooo nervous about having it done, I just cringe at the thought of them hurting. I know it is the right thing to do as I do not want anymore more chances of getting pregnant. I am glad to see some of the posts about their dogs doing well afterwards it is a relief.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts