Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.... new kid on the block here..... just wondering if everybody agrees that neutrical is a good thing to have on hand for when I bring my little girl home in two weeks?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I have it just in case...Peanut went into hypoglycemic shock once and I don't even want to think about what would have happened if I didn't have nutrical here. I would get it to be on the safe side, especially since she will be stressed out about leaving the breeder and her litter mates for the first few days.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It depends on how old your baby is going to be when you bring her home. If she will be 8 weeks then yes. You really shouldn't take a small breed puppy away from their mom and liter mates until they are 12 weeks old.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I say buy it just in case. If you get a finicky eater, then you may have to giv that to them on days they don't eat alot. If you get a teeny weeny baby, you definitely want to give them a little squirt of nutrical if they don't eat alot.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Yes! I gave Abbey nutrical twice a day for the first couple of weeks. Now I give it to her when she goes to the vet! She gets so stressed out that she shakes! Definately get it - Better safe than sorry! And it doesn't hurt to give it to them just in case.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had NutriCal on hand for Deni since she was/is so tiny just to make sure she didn't go hypoglycemic. I gave it to her at least twice a day between meals (she pretty much free fed at the time) and when we traveled to CA she and Ally got frequent doses of the NutriCal and only one meal while driving (20+ hour drive). Because of the small size of both Ally (5#) and Deni (expected to be 3.5-4#), I will always have NutriCal on hand just in case...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts