Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got our newest addition, he's 3 months old and was rescued from a home that didn't take very good care of him! Poor thing had ear mites and being his 2nd day, he is very timid and shaky. Hoping he will warm up, and seems like he is!

The owner said she shaved him and that's why his coat is shorter, do you think he is purebred maltese or mix? His fur is very silky soft, but the length for his age makes me wonder. Anyone have an opinion on being purebred or not?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
He is so handsome! So glad you were able to give him a good home-- once he settles in, I'm sure you will be repaid a million times over with all the puppy kisses you could ever want!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ya i agree, he does look older than 3 months but pictures sometimes make them look larger than they really are. He looks sweet though! What did you name your new little one? Hes precious.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Purebred or not, he's definitely a cutie. Thank you for rescuing him, I'm sure he'll give you lots of love in return.
I agree that he looks older than 3 months - his muzzle is quite long for this age. But maybe it's the matter of the photo or his haircut. Otherwise he looks like pure Malt to me. Maybe you can show other photo to compare?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
His teeth look adult. Doesn't have his puppy teeth anymore. Do Maltese have adult teeth by 3 months? I'm wondering if he is older, but he's so timid it's hard to tell since he doesn't play like a puppy. His fur is super silky and soft but I know he could be mixed with chihuahua or something else and still have Maltese traits. Just curious. I'm Also hoping he will warm up and not be so scared. Whatever happened in his past must have really spooked him!

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Oh he is very cute! The picture does make him look bigger but if he is only two pounds as you say, then maybe he is only three months. In any case, thank you for rescuing him. I am sure he will blossom in your love and care!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts