Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think several of you have seen threads where a lot of SM friends have been looking for a new camera.

Although I love my Nikon DSLR, I wanted a new point and click small camera. I do tend to grab my phone, but it really doesn't take great pictures.

So I finally decided on the Canon SD1300 (in pink , of course) and it arrived yesterday.

I haven't had a chance to try it out as I had to charge the battery overnight, but I will give it a try this weekend for sure.

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
I love my little Canon P&S too, it does come in handy & fits in my purse & takes good pictures. But for speed & high quality, can't beat the DSLR cameras. Great to have both.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
This is great Lynn. Now we can see lots of new pix of all the girls as you learn all about your new camera. :chili::chili:
I love my little Canon Power Shot. I can slip in in my purse, my pocket, pull it out in a minute's notice (unless I'm stage struck by Paul McCartney:smilie_tischkante:) and though I'd love more than anything to have a digital SLR, on a freelancer's earnings, with a son in college, it's just not going to happen any time soon. So I'm glad I have my point and shoot and think it takes great pix. Of course we've all got such great models too.:sHa_banana:

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Oh let me know how it is! I love my Canon rebel but it is just too bulky sometimes!
I have the same issue. I end up not having my "big" camera at candid opportunities because of it's size. But I recently have been researching an in-between... small point and shoot size, but with dslr like results (interchangable lenses and everything), they're called "four thirds" cameras and they're up and coming. Sony, Panasonic, Olympus make the top 3 affordable options (Leica has a $9000 option, but yeah...)

The Panasonic GF1 is on my to-buy list as soon as I get "extra" money, lol. You can buy it with a "pancake" lens which keeps it small, yet gets those professional looking results like tack-sharp subjects and blurred background if you want.

/end of photography nerd rant. :blush:

:aktion033: That being said, the Canon SD1300 is a personaly favorite of mine for point and shoot! Incredible quality and high quality lens! :aktion033:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts