Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone hope ur all having a great summer!!!!! I am hoping to help organize a meetup for us. I tried last year and it didnt work out so im trying again. I work for the police and have a crazy schedule but would love to make new maltese friends.

Jan

Im on vacation from 8/17 thru 8/27 if anyone has any suggestions.

Looking forward to hearing from u guys

Jan

·
Registered
587 Posts
Cool. I'm in the western suburbs.

I should have posted this earlier, but last weekend was Dog Days at Cantigny Park in Wheaton. They don't allow dogs except for on that day, and there were all kinds of fun doggie events. I brought Tiffany and met some other malts there. They had fenced off-leash areas (one for small dogs and one for big dogs), which was a lot of fun. :chili:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pending where it is I would like to join on in Northern Suburb's. Throw me a message and let me know :)

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I live in the City and going to the north burbs would be do-able for us. I don't know about everyone else's maltese, but mine don't handle the heat too well if the thought is to have something outdoors.

·
Super Moderator
10,174 Posts
I would love to meet up but would prefer to wait until this *&$(@ heat has let up a bit. Have dogs, willing to travel! I'm near Naperville.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I dont mind the heat but I think Max will :( We have been skipping alot since either humidity is so high or the bug's eat you alive. Maybe plan in September? Not such for us to do indoor's unless someone know's something?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Any chance any of you would still like to do a meet-up of some kind in Chicagoland?? I have a 2yo male and I was thinking of getting another but I'm not sure how my Ozzie is with other Maltese (he is scared of other dogs but was a breeder release and reportedly liked his foster Maltese sibling) so was wondering if any friendly Maltese would like to try playing with him :) he's super sweet and friendly :) I live in Lisle but got a fancy new car seat and a Thundershirt so can travel :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
It would be so great if we could get a group going! I am in Deerfield. If you can't get anything going on here, try meetup.com. There are some meetups there that maybe you can attend. I have attended one up here for a Saturday doggie playgroup. I was a little worried about the big dogs, but it worked out fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts