Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
I give the girls dehydrated bison liver from Paw Naturaw, nothing is added. Of course they go crazy over them. They are pretty hard and when I break them into bits I am concerned about the sharp edges because the girls wolf them down. I really wish they would chew calmly, it would be less anxiety producing for me. Jeez, they act like I never feed them! I recently tried Becker's veggie treats though because I was concerned the girls needed more veggies and they love these as well.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
I think those have been around for a bit Suzan. Dixie is on her second box. She loves them. They are a very thin treat so easily broken into smaller pieces. I think they are a good treat.

I just found Dr. Becker's website! I didn't know she sells treats on her own site. I've always purchased them through Dr. Mercola's site. I never knew about the veggie bites either! A whole new world has opened for me!! The Beef & Bison treats are packaged differently on this site but they appear to be the same by the ingredients as those I've bought through Dr. Mercola. http://www.beckerbites.com/ Perhaps they are new on this site. I'm confused!

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm confused. Dr. Becker says dogs are CARNIVORES but I've read many articles that they are OMNIVORES.

I read somewhere that the recent school of thought is that they are opportunistic carnivores, but I don't know anything more than that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts