Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Thanks!

Since I do ebay and have a paypal account-I probably would have clicked the link to find out why my account was charged so much money! :eek:

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!

V

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@Nov 9 2004, 11:39 AM
Hi guys, I read this on cnn.com today and thought I would share it with all of you since we all obviously use the internet.  Here is the link of the article that is warning about the new email worm that is circulating:
CNN Article
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15548
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the information. Also..watch out for email from e bay saying that they need to update info on your account. If you click it starts to ask for all sorts of personal information. the source is obviously interested in getting personal info to eggect stealing of IDENTITY. I received such an e mail yesterday and the link itself contained a virus that my puter caught but I have more protection on this puter than most people have...and was lucky it was caught.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by vita@Nov 9 2004, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the information. Also..watch out for email from e bay saying that they need to update info on your account. If you click it starts to ask for all sorts of personal information. the source is obviously interested in getting personal info to eggect stealing of IDENTITY. I received such an e mail yesterday and the link itself contained a virus that my puter caught but I have more protection on this puter than most people have...and was lucky it was caught.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15573
[/QUOTE]

I get a lot of emails like that at work. Mine are from banks though. They say that
there was recently a large number of identity theft attempts targeting FILL IN THE BLANK customers. In order to safeguard your account, we require that you confirm your banking details (credit card information and login/password for online banking, if you have).

This process is manditory, and if not completed within the nearest time your account or credit card may be subject to temporary suspension.[/B]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts