Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the pen I was wanting. I call it “Jeep Jail”. It has 8 panels but I had to remove 2 of the panels in order to accommodate my husband’s pool table. The doggie door is just a few feet away from the pool table. It could be mounted to the wall but I don’t want to do that. It has a double gate. It looks just like one that I saw on here a few weeks ago. But I don’t remember who had it. The gates are not connected in order to allow Jeep to go through the doggie door. They are just pushed up to the wall to make a corral around the doggie door. One door has a bar on both sides to lock it in place. But the other door only has one bar. Well, Jeep had learned to take his paw and pull the gate open. So I put an old fashion Iron for ironing your clothes (made of Cast Iron) against the gate. Next he sat and banged the gate with his paw against the Iron. It has a little bit of play to it. Now I have added a bungee cord at the bottom. He is so smart. The panels have knobs at the top so you can loosen the panels and shape the pen into a square, circle etc. It has a solid bar at the bottom of each panel so it’s to heavy for small dogs to slide it around. I wish it was made for outdoor use. We are going camping next week and it would be nice to have him in a exercise pen vs tethered with his harness on.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Mare, I am so happy to hear you finally found your perfect ex-pen ("Jeep-Jail" - lol) for Jeeps doggie door access. Its amazing how versatile these are and the many configurations you can get out of them. I leave Abellas up all the time with the door open and she loves going in during the day to snuggle in her bed, get a drink or hide/stash her toys. And when I go on overnight/extended car trips I take it with me too. Have fun on your camping adventure!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Maybe you need to actually send Jeep to a maximum security prison. :w00t::w00t: Easier on you. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: Would love to see a photo of it. Ex pens have saved me with my foster dogs but some take to it more than others. I usually don't need it beyond a couple of days though my South Korea dog had to be quarantined for 3 weeks. :(

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exercise Pen

Susan, Abella’s mommy has a pen like mine but mine is White. Paulann might post another picture of it for you to see. I can’t post pictures with a thread b/c I don’t have a computer. It’s called Top Paw 2 in 1 gate and pen. I got it at PetSmart. You could google it to see a picture. It’s so well made and easy to configure into different shapes. It’s heavy enough that my Weenie Houdini can’t knock it over. So it’s more about containing her then it is about Jeep. I solved the paw banging on the gate. I just took the gate off. I was able to get the other gate placed where I wanted it. So now I don’t have to walk around the pool table in order to get to the back door and the fenced yard. I imagined my Sunroom with a 5’ swing (which I have) and a daybed overlooking the bluff and the beautiful Cumberland Plateau. But with the pool table there the daybed would be in the way (my husbands take). My take is the pool table is in the way of my future daybed. There’s also a large TV, a 3 cubic ft. refrigerator, a couple of chairs and now Jeep’s jail. I have large picture windows in the living room as well, so I guess the daybed will go there someday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts