Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I am a new member to SM. I have never joined a forum before so this is all new to me. I had 2 precious Maltese, a mother and son (Maggie & Timmy). Two weeks ago I lost my Maggie in a horrible car accident. I have never felt so much pain losing a pet, it was almost like losing a child. That is the reason I went searching on the web and stumbled onto this website. I am glad to be part to the SM family and hope to be a good asset to the forum.

Maggie was 3 ½ yrs at the time of her death. I rescued her from euthanasia when she was about 12 weeks old. At that time I was working for a vet when she was brought in with a broken leg. The owners did not want to pay for the surgery to fix the leg and opted to put her to sleep. So, after they signed the euthanasia forms I took her to the back room and told the vet I would pay for the surgery if he would let me keep her. The rest is history. I grew up on a large cattle ranch and the only dogs we ever had was working cattle dogs. Maggie was my fist experience with a “Foo Foo Dog”. I had no idea that you could love a little animal so much, she brought so much joy and happiness to our home. I feel blessed to have had had her for the short time. I will always have a Maltese in my home.

Timmy was born June 19th, 2005. He was the runt out of a litter of four and had to be bottle feed for the fist 5 weeks of his life. Very spoiled little boy and perhaps the cause of some of his problems. (I will inquire about later) Thank goodness for Timmy, he has softened the blow from losing our Maggie. He is doing excellent with the potty training and sleeping through the night (with us) without accident.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. Thanks in advance for your help!

I want to thank everyone for their condolences and warm welcome to SM. We are truly happy to be here.

Timmy & Timmy’s Mom

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
sorry to hear of your loss & welcome to SM

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Welcome to SM! Sorry to hear about your loss of little Maggie.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Welcome!

I'm sorry to hear about Maggie.
We recently lost the dog I grew up with. So I can relate to what you are going through.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Hello and welcome to you and baby Timmy. I am so sorry for your loss of sweet little Maggie. This forum has lots of loving and caring people who fully understand how a little white fluff mop can fill your heart. Again WELCOME!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Glad to have you!

Sorry to hear about your loss...

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry about your loss....but I'm glad you found us!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I am so very sorry to hear about your tragic loss of Maggie

Welcome to SM, it is very nice to meet you and I am looking forward to hearing more about you and Timmy and would love to see some pictures

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
WELCOME
I am sorry for your loss. It will take some time for you to heal but i am sure Timmy will keep you busy, busy, busy

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Welcome to you and Timmy. I'm so sorry for your loss of Maggie but at least we have our guys to love. Ok maybe overlove to the point of creating separation anxiety issues in my case. Best wishes to you both.
Julia

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Welcome to SM. I am teary-eyed after reading your post.
That was so great of you to rescue her and give her almost
four years of a good life. I am so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
welcome to SM! look forward to you sharing stories about Maggie and Timmy, we love stories and pictures

welcome!

ann marie and the "big sloppy welcome kisses to you!" buttercup

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Welcome to SM, even under such sad circumstances in your life. I'm sorry that you lost your Maggie. I'll bet Timmy will help heal your heart and will be a reminder of the good times with Maggie.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of your Maggie, but delighted you have a part of her in Timmy. Welcome, I am sure you will love it here.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts