Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a new groomer in town and every one if talking about how great she is. So today I thought I would stop by and check her out. The place was so elegant and I was very impressed.

As she and I talked, she was grooming a poodle that would not stand still. I asked what type of dryer she used and don't think she ever answered me. She was to busy bitching about the dog not being well behaved. I asked if she had any pictures of Maltese that she had groomed. She pointed to some very large pictures on the wall. Now I'm not stupid, but I know she didn't do those Maltese, they looked to professional and so were the photos. I live in a small town, if she was so good, why did she open a business here.

Also there were several small dogs running around her in the closed area, which I didn't like.

I just don't know, should I give her a chance. Don't have many choices in my area, have been using PetSmart thats an hour drive. Think she was just having a bad day with this dog....well Puddles is not the best puppy to be groomed. He loves bath time, but hates drying and brushing time.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Everyone knows how I feel about groomers (of any kind). I would question the decision to allow small dogs underfoot when one was grooming another dog on a table, someone will get stepped on. Pictures are great.....I took 2 with me when we had Sis groomed, she didn't turn out like EITHER of them....so her pointing to a poster of a perfect maltese groomed means nothing to me....you can buy those on the internet.....I guess it's up to you, but you sound like you are already having reservations about this gal. No matter how "elegant" her place is, just remember, you can put a pig in a dress and make it look great, but it's still a pig!! If you are happy with the PetSmart groomer, I'd keep going there.......JMHO...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Were the dogs running around there to be groomed? Or her dogs? Maybe she doesn't crate them while they wait?
Maybe?
I don't know...I am like Sisses Momma-if you are wondering/having reservations, then you probably should not go. :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
My 2 cents is this.... I don't like that she was trying to lead you to believe that she did the Malts in the pictures. If I read your post correctly, she didn't actually "say" that she did them, right? When you asked, she pointed to the pics, thus leaving you to believe whatever you came up with. Now, all of this doesn't mean that she lacks in skills as a groomer but I would question her ethics.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
If you have any bad vibes, then maybe you don't want to risk it.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have bad vibes about this lady.
She is tops compared to the other groomer in town. But I would have to shave her head if she was mean to my Puddles. So I guess its best I don't go. Also, she was the only one in there and she could do as she pleases to the dogs and who would ever know

I guess I will stick with Jennifer @ PetSmart. Atleast they have big windows for people to see them. I have even had hubby to sneak over and watch her thu the window
, she don't know him. He said all was going well.

( If I worked for an airline, off to JMMs every 3 months for grooming)

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Originally posted by Puddles Mom@Apr 25 2005, 08:40 PM
I do have bad vibes about this lady. 
She is tops compared to the other groomer in town. But I would have to shave her head if she was mean to my Puddles. So I guess its best I don't go. Also, she was the only one in there and she could do as she pleases to the dogs and who would ever know 

I guess I will stick with Jennifer @ PetSmart. Atleast they have big windows for people to see them.  I have even had hubby to sneak over and watch her thu the window 
, she don't know him. He said all was going well.

( If I worked for an airline, off to JMMs every 3 months for grooming) 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56604
[/QUOTE]

I accept plane tickets LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts