Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm Shorty's mom. My Shorty is a little over a year. She is the joy of my life. :D
I live in Southern Ca. I am a special ed. teacher.

How many people/spoiled maltese owners are there on this forum?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi

Greetings! This is a fairly slow board but I hope it picks up. Maltese Only gets more action but most of your post don't make it past the moderator. Some people get tired of the attitude and bad vibes. You may want to check it out but keep posting here too. This will be as good and better if we keep posting and the traffic going. If there are no new post the lurkers won't hang around. I think this board is a little hard to find.
I have a little 22 month old male named Bentley. I worked in Special Ed for 4 years as an assistant to a Sp. Ed Diagnostician ( I kept all the records, student folders, scheduled ARDS , etc.) now I work as an assistant to the Librarian. We serve grades K-5 and have about 900 students. I have about 1 week left before I go back from my summer break. When do you start back?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
welcome shorty's mom :D

G

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Shorty@Aug 5 2003, 12:06 AM
Hi. I'm Shorty's mom. My Shorty is a little over a year. She is the joy of my life. :D
I live in Southern Ca. I am a special ed. teacher.

Hello how are you doing, I have 6 maltese they are my sunshine everyday. I don't know how I have lived without one. I have owned all six of them a yr or less I have had no babies but I plan on having some in the near future. I am excited about that to. My four girls should start coming in again this month hopefuly they will be mothers this time. They all get along fine. I have 3 that lives with me and 3 lives with my mother-inlaw just a hop and skip away from me. Tell me more about your boy I love hearing stories about maltese.
charlotte

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hi Charlotte!

Welcome! I only have one, his name is Tiki. He will be a year old next month and we have had him since last November. He is a joy and I can't believe I'll ever have another breed!

6 babies? Wow, I am jealous!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Originally posted by Guest_Charlotte+Aug 15 2003, 07:02 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Shorty
@Aug 5 2003, 12:06 AM
Hi.  I'm Shorty's mom.  My Shorty is a little over a year.  She is the joy of my life.  :D
I live in Southern Ca.  I am a special ed. teacher. 

Hello how are you doing, I have 6 maltese they are my sunshine everyday. I don't know how I have lived without one. I have owned all six of them a yr or less I have had no babies but I plan on having some in the near future. I am excited about that to. My four girls should start coming in again this month hopefuly they will be mothers this time. They all get along fine. I have 3 that lives with me and 3 lives with my mother-inlaw just a hop and skip away from me. Tell me more about your boy I love hearing stories about maltese.
charlotte
[/B]
Hi Charlotte! I have a liitle one named Bentley he was born on 10-1-01. Glad to have you here. Everyone is so nice here, hope you post often.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Welcome to all the newbies, sorry I didn't say hi sooner, but been away again for a little.

Hope you all enjoy it here, gets very quiet here sometimes, but still the best forum I have a found concerning Maltese Babies.

Nice to see it growing in size!

My baby is Morgan, he was born 11/22/02, and he IS a spoiled Maltese. (And I have enjoyed every minute I have spent spoiling him! lol) Like everyone else, I can't imagine what it would be like not to have him. IE: My poor Husband, "You treat those dogs better than you do me!" My reply: "Tell you what, you grow some hair and I will buy you some bows too!" LOL HE KNEW I WAS TEASING! (He loves him him just as much as I do) Morgan has a playmate who is not a maltese, a mix springer/beagle who is now nine years old and is MUCH larger, but he does well with him and somehow realises how to be gentle with him. They make a great pair for brothers.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am also a teacher...ESL and I have 2 weeks left of vacation. This will also be the first time I'll be away from Colette since I got her a week ago. My husband is retired, so she should not have separation anxiety (I hope).

There is a Maltese Mailing list that I quickly unsubscribed from due to its clickishness, and I've also given up on the Maltese Forum...you can wait forever for a moderator, and then never see your post.

Colette'sMom

·
Registered
382 Posts
Originally posted by Colette'sMom@Aug 22 2003, 12:12 AM
I am also a teacher...ESL and I have 2 weeks left of vacation. This will also be the first time I'll be away from Colette since I got her a week ago. My husband is retired, so she should not have separation anxiety (I hope).

There is a Maltese Mailing list that I quickly unsubscribed from due to its clickishness, and I've also given up on the Maltese Forum...you can wait forever for a moderator, and then never see your post.

Colette'sMom
Probably the same one some of us have complained about. I would love to post on the "other forum" an invitation for them to join us here. But we all know that it wouldn't make it past the moderator. Glad you are here. It's picking up and really starting to get fun.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I thought I would let you all know that I am expecting a litter with my beautiful Maltese girl Sugar and she is due any day and I am Soooooooooo excited But Sooooooooooo worried aswell. Today is day 60 of her pregnancy and she looks as though she has eaten a rugby ball. I can feel her little babies kicking and can't wait to see them. When they arrive I'll let you all know what she has had!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Originally posted by Maltymad@Aug 31 2003, 11:27 AM
I am Soooooooooo excited But Sooooooooooo worried aswell.
i dont think i could handle both at the same time
i hope everything goes well

·
Registered
346 Posts
Congrats on the babies to come and good luck. I dunno, I bred Himmy kittens once, (My poor vet got calls ALL night long!) dunno if I could do those tiny little pups....can see myself now, holding my breath with each contraction of Mom's...I'd end up passing out lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well today is day 61 and just biting my nails to my arm pit! and I may be like this for days as she was mated over four days and we are counting from the first mating. She's very happy though, only thing is she cant get off the bed in the morning she sits there barking untill we come and lift her off. We are always forgetting to lift her off before we go downstairs.
She sits on my lap and I can feel her pups kicking around, they are so active.
Still waiting!

·
Registered
69 Posts
No I dont know how many she is going to have, I was debating on getting her scaned but have heard there is a slight chance it could damage the forming pups, so I thought I would have a nice suprise when they are born.
I think she may have them any day as going by her first mating she is 61 days today and they can have them from 58 days onwards. I hope she does'nt have them at 4 in the morning, but knowing her she will!
She is absolutely beautiful she has a coat just touching the floor. I shall take some photos when the pups are a few weeks old for you all to see.

can't wait, can't wait, can't wait....................................

·
Registered
382 Posts
do you think she will be able to keep her long hair thoughout the birth and nursing? The breeder I bought Bentley from had 2 momma dogs and they were both clipped pretty short. She said she always clipped them down before the delivery. Can't wait to hear all the details.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts