Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well I am hoping to keep her coat long, I thought I may catch the hair up on each side of her body and do bunches or pig tails. So the pups dont get tangled up. i will keep a close eye on her though and if the hair gets in the way too much, it will have to come off.

I will be sad about loosing it though, as she looks lovely.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Keep in mind, one wonderful thing.....IT WILL GROW BACK. I think they are beautiful, long haired, short, whatever

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well I have six Maltese at the moment and have great joy out of watching the babies grow and watching mum teach them things. i am tempted to keep one but my husband says no more!

Our bed is getting rather crowded and I do find myself trying to split myself between them all. when they want to be picked up and cuddled.

Bathing is never ending, my husband washes and I dry and brush.

Mine you I could sit and cuddle and brush and feed and water and cuddle and cuddle somemore all day long,
Do you think my husband and children will let me?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
pictures we need pictures :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oh yes I will be sending pictures, She's going to be very proud of them.
soooooooo excited, still nothing!

anyday now though

·
Registered
69 Posts
:D :D :D :D
well the waiting is over!!!!!!!!
and its been worth it!
she has had FIVE!!!!!
three girls and two boys .
with no problems, thank goodness!!

They are beautiful and mum and I are so proud....................

We shall take photos when mum is better and pups have their eyes open .

I WANT TO KEEP THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes I have the daddy dog too..........
I was so suprised when they kept coming,
yes I will send photos when they have opened their eyes.
thing is keeping five puppies still to take photos will be an experence....

Does anybody know anything that will put weight back on as she has lost alot of weight. I thought Maltese only have two's and three's in a litter and five seems to have made her a little underweight, that or I'm use to her as fat as a house.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm not sure on how to put the weight on, have heard of something called nutrical but not sure what it's for. There is a product out called missing link thats a nutrional supplement. Maybe you can read up on both products Call your vet and ask for advice. I still can't believe she had 5 babies! I thought they had 2-3. Keep us posted on how they are doing. I just know you are going to want to keep all 5. :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
I agree with Luv. Please ask your vet. Nutri-Cal is to prevent hypoglycemia. When I took Colette in for her first vet check, she gave it to me and said to use one drop twice a day....just to make sure that with the move away from mommy, all would go well. It comes in a tube and is pasty. Colette adores it and is going crazy right now because she saw me bring the tube into the computer room from the kitchen. The box says, " When the animal's caloric or nutritional intake is to be supplemented..." Again, I personally would let the vet determine what is necessary. It's about time for me to cut down on her favorite food since she is eating and drinking well.
Colette'sMom

·
Registered
69 Posts
They are all doing well and have the most beautiful little faces.
I have homes for the two girls but I dont think I would have any problems finding good homes. I am glad I have two homes already as it stops me keeping them all. I just get such pleasure out of watching them grow and being partly responsible for them being here.

Now I must have help in thinking of names for them when they are registered.
I like fluffy pretty names like Sugar, Angel etc
so three girls and two boys, Mmmm
<_< <_< <_<

·
Registered
346 Posts
I haven't been on for a few days. shoot, gone such a short time and so much has happened! Congrats on the puppies! Wonderful news and wow, so many! You will have your hands really full for the next few weeks! Pictures, pitures and more pictures, please! :D

21 - 40 of 60 Posts