Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Apr 7 2005, 03:23 PM
I just read this on the AKC website and I am so upset.  I can't believe IL is trying to pass this law!  This is very disheartening.  What's next?

IL trying to deem some dogs as "dangerous"
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50238
[/QUOTE]

I live in Chicago, they withdrew this due to the overwhelming response the got. I am new to the maltese as I said before. For the previous 15 years my family has always had a pitbull. After losing Boca a last year we have lived with just our lab Ranger. Boca can never be replaced. Pitbulls do not deserve the rep they have. We have a 7 yr old son and let me tell you I never once worried about anything happening to him. Boca would have died for that boy, she routinely put herself between him and whatever she percieved as dangerous. Sorry to ramble but I feel I must stand up for Boca. If my husband ever gets over the loss of Boca I am sure we will have another pitbull. A more loyal dog is hard to find. Ok off my soap box and to the kleenex box. Boca is still missed horribly.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina+Apr 7 2005, 03:35 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Nichole
@Apr 7 2005, 03:23 PM
I just read this on the AKC website and I am so upset.  I can't believe IL is trying to pass this law!  This is very disheartening.  What's next?

IL trying to deem some dogs as "dangerous"
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50238

I live in Chicago, they withdrew this due to the overwhelming response the got. I am new to the maltese as I said before. For the previous 15 years my family has always had a pitbull. After losing Boca a last year we have lived with just our lab Ranger. Boca can never be replaced. Pitbulls do not deserve the rep they have. We have a 7 yr old son and let me tell you I never once worried about anything happening to him. Boca would have died for that boy, she routinely put herself between him and whatever she percieved as dangerous. Sorry to ramble but I feel I must stand up for Boca. If my husband ever gets over the loss of Boca I am sure we will have another pitbull. A more loyal dog is hard to find. Ok off my soap box and to the kleenex box. Boca is still missed horribly.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50241
[/B][/QUOTE]

My aunt and uncle's friends have a Rottweiler. The dog is very sweet. Not a mean bone in her body. I used to have neighbor's that had a pittbull. Chopper thought he was a small dog. He was so silly. He loved everybody.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
It only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch....here in NJ, shelters are full of rotty and pit bull mixes. There is a lot of dog fighting that goes on....yes in this day and age....and a lot of the puppies come from seized homes. When we were looking in our local shelter, before we decided to go the maltese route, 90% of the dogs were either of these two, and sometimes both of these two, breeds mixed with some other large dog. It is a shame because these dogs have such a hard time finding homes. It never ceases to amaze me the stupid things that people do!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Many years ago when the boys were little we had both a Rottie and a Dobie. Both were the sweetest dogs in the world. The only problem we had was with the Rottie, Beau was a runner, he'd take off in a second when the door was opened!! I think a dog, any dog, is just as mean as it was raised to be.....

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Pitbulls aren't aloud in the city limits of Kansas City anymore. I guess they were having a lot of people training them and having them do dog fights for money or whatever. During this time a lot of small dogs (2 malts that I can remember) were being stolen out of yards or cars and used as bait for the pitbulls in the fights. A lot of people, especially little kids, were also being attacked by the dogs (not during their dog fights) when playing outside. I haven't heard of them busting another dog fight ring, or whatever they call it for awhile now. Pretty sad and sick I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts