Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@May 3 2005, 08:12 AM
Starting June 15th, airlines will now be required to report incidents when animals are lost, injured or die during airline travel. This link also has a link to the Humane Society's article on the new law.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2005-0...ying-pets_x.htm
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59179
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. I will be keeping a close watch on it, as it's necessary for me to ship my own dogs from time to time. For instance, my Westie who has been rated #1 for the past two years is still with his handler in California. He's flown many miles in those two years. We have 12 specialty wins, which is a tie for the most wins. Naturally, we want to break that. My girl (who is a champion) was in season a couple weeks ago, but I chose not to fly her out to him. But, if I decide to breed her, I may have to do it as he will reside with one of the other owners. I sure don't want a male around here, and I don't want to leave the Maltese at home alone to drive her out. One of my Maltese has been in Italy for the past two months, on loan, to sire two litters for my friends. He will be flying home Thursday. I'm naturally nervous about that, but, again, I can't be in two places at once. By the way, my female Westie thinks she is a Maltese. The only difference is that she can go out for walks in the fields and trails, and my Maltese won't leave the sofa long enough, and prefer to be carried anytime they go for a walk with me.

·
Registered
894 Posts
It's about time they start considering animals "precious cargo" not just "cargo". A suitcase gets lost or damaged, and THAT'S reported to someone. Thanks Marj, you always seem to find great articles!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
hmmmm, will this make things any more difficult for puppy mills? Like will airlines be more particular about having a clean bill of health for each puppy shipped? And then if one arrives dead to a petstore the airline is somewhat liable? I hope at least some of this would be the case!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
GOOD! i've heard horrible stories of puppies dying when they're shipped in cargo

thanks for posting that, you always seem to find the most interesting articles!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by puppylucy@May 4 2005, 04:13 PM
GOOD! i've heard horrible stories of puppies dying when they're shipped in cargo

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59795
[/QUOTE]

Oh, folks please don't make me anymore nervous than I already am. My boy, Pride, will leave Italy within the next couple hours, and he will arrive in Atlanta at noon tomorrow. I will tell you I'm doing a lot of praying right now, and I would appreciate your prayers too.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou+May 4 2005, 07:01 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-puppylucy
@May 4 2005, 04:13 PM

Oh, folks please don't make me anymore nervous than I already am. My boy, Pride, will leave Italy within the next couple hours, and he will arrive in Atlanta at noon tomorrow. I will tell you I'm doing a lot of praying right now, and I would appreciate your prayers too.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59882
[/B][/QUOTE]

I wish Pride a safe journey!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou+May 4 2005, 09:01 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-puppylucy
@May 4 2005, 04:13 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59882
[/B][/QUOTE]

yikes sorry! i'll be thinking of you both
he'll be fine

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Pride is back in the states, and is on his way home. His two months in Italy went just fine. He slept with the daughter, and was a real member of the family. They kept some type diaper on him. He was bred to two of their champions, so he should have offspring showing in Europe within the next year.
I'm just glad he is back on the ground, safe and sound.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou@May 5 2005, 03:06 PM
Pride is back in the states, and is on his way home.  His two months in Italy went just fine.  He slept with the daughter, and was a real member of the family.  They kept some type diaper on him.  He was bred to two of their champions, so he should have offspring showing in Europe within the next year. 
I'm just glad he is back on the ground, safe and sound.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=60196
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Pride had a great time!!! I am glad he is safe and sound.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts