Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

New Maltese Mommy

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  puppy*luv 
#1 ·
Hi all!

I wanted to share my story with you. About a month ago I bought a Maltese puppy from a lady that bread her Maltese. She's not a breeder, her dog just had a puppy. I named her Piccolina (little one in Italian). A week after I got her she started vomiting and having diarrhea. I called a vet to come see her at the house and he treated her for the vomiting and diarrhea. She was ok through the night but was still very down and with diarrhea. I took her to her vet in the morning and he said to just keep her in the medication. To make a long story short, I took her to the emergency hospital and she was diagnosed with Parvovirus. She died 2 days later. I was so devastated. I couldn’t believe my baby girl was gone. I never though I could fall in love with a dog that quick but I did…she was and still is my baby.

The lady that sold her to me felt so bad she went did some research, found a reputable breeder and surprised me with a new baby girl, Bella. I was so scared of this one getting Parvo that she has been staying at my sister’s house until I move in 3 weeks (I bought a brand new condo that is under construction)

I look forward to sharing my Maltese stories with you all and getting advice for my new baby. Bella has been with me for 2-1/2 weeks now and she’s very active and healthy. She’s 11 weeks old and weighs about 2 lbs. These are both their web pages…enjoy!

Piccolina http://www.dogster.com/?56243
Bella http://www.dogster.com/?56249

See less See more
#5 ·
I am so sorry about Piccolina. I am sure Bella has captured your heart as well. Give her gobs of kisses from us. What cuties they both are!

That was very sweet/kind of your breeder also.

#8 ·
Im so sorry about your first baby, I could only imagine how devastating that would be, especially your first maltese baby! Im so glad you found Bella, and Im sure Piccolina at the Rainbow Bridge...

Parvo is such a fast and horrible disease! I remember when I first got Brit'ny, I used to take her everywhere with me until my vet told me about Parvo. After that she was on LOCK DOWN untill her third set of shots!

#12 ·
Thank you all for your support. It was so hard to loose my Piccolina. I never imagine I would feel so empty when I lost her but thank God for my little Bella. I would have never gotten over it.

Bella is in lock-down too. I won't take her anywhere or let anyone touch her without washing their hands. To some people this sounds like I'm crazy but the ones who know what I went throgh totally understand. I even tell people to take off their shoes before coming into the house. She's still at my sister's house until I move since Piccolina was sick at my current house and at my parent's house. We have bleached everything but I'm just not willing to take chances. Bella just got her 2nd set of shots on Saturday so we're looking good. I did have a scare with her. About a week and a half, she started vomiting and I freaked out and rushed her to the emergency clinic. I was crying so much asking them to please test her for Parvo right away. When the nurse came to me to tell me the Parvo test was negative, I cried even more and gave her the biggest hug. She did stay over night just to be careful and I'm happy to say that she's super happy and healthy these days.

I will keep you all posted on her adventures. Thanks again!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.