Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I’m a new Maltese mama. My Kobe is about 11 weeks old. Born January 4, 2020. I just got him about 5 days ago. Any and all advise how to take care of him and train is appreciated.
Cheryl

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Welcome to SM!
You have come to the right place to learn and get advise about everything Maltese related and more. Kobe is very young to be in his forever home. The recommended age for a Maltese to leave their momma is 12 weeks. I hope the little guy is doing ok. We are here to help with any questions you may have - The search option on this site also has a wealth of knowledge. 🐶🐾

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to SM!
You have come to the right place to learn and get advise about everything Maltese related and more. Kobe is very young to be in his forever home. The recommended age for a Maltese to leave their momma is 12 weeks. I hope the little guy is doing ok. We are here to help with any questions you may have - The search option on this site also has a wealth of knowledge. 🐶🐾
Thank you. I was a little concerned also. He was a surprise for my anniversary from my husband and Kobe belonged to friends of ours whos 2 Maltese had 7 pups. Ive always have been fond of these Maltese breed and have read probably more than my share of information on them so I knew it was too soon to be separated. He is doing surprisingly well. The first night he cried for about 1.5 hour but got tired and went to sleep. He was a little skittish and stayed close to our feet and at the borders of the furniture for the first couple of days. I kept him with me at all times of the day though. The first night I only had his travel crate for him but the next day we created a caged off area for him by the side of my bed to be sure he was safe. He did great. He went to sleep when we did. Used his pee pads off in the corner and slept in his bed in the opposite corner. At around 7am he woke me with his sweet little barks. We got up, Went outside to pee and then ate. A week later he is responding to his name, mostly uses his pee pads (notice I said mostly, lol) and drags his toys around from room to room. Thank you for your concern.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I am so pleased to read your update about how well Kobe is doing. It sounds like the little guy is a fast learner and progressing just fine. Keep up the good work and PLEASE keep posting updates here on SM. I can't tell you how much we love hearing from new members about how their pups are doing. Kobes avatar picture is adorable. Please post more pictures! Take care and have a blessed day. 🐾 🐶

1 - 4 of 4 Posts