Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

HI last summer I was researching this breed and daunted at the prices of a pup~ in my area they were charging about 2500! I have a Crested CHin, which I bought at a Mall store, and he has what my husband calls" puppie mill syndrome" he doesnt like being held, being on my lap, being picked up, etc etc etc. I had had a massive doggie who passed away and spent a year pining away for a doggie to hold when I saw this baby at the Mall. My husband was then spending weekends taking me to mall shops to hold babies to deal with my grief, and I saw the crested chin. I couldnt put him down and the store was closing, and finally gave him back, and when i called in the next coupla days they had sold him. they told me they would call me when they got a new one and it was two days later. I thought it would be months! I remebere crying non stop and not letting anyone touch him, and I babied him like crazy as he grew but he never got over being distant and unattached in my ways. distrustful. He adores us and is loyal but he never came up to me for hugs ever. and I felt sad alot about it. when I bought a new house last summer all I could think about was getting a second dog and started visiting shelters. amazing as it is theres a waiting list for doggies no matter there age in my state for doggies at shelters. I saw a newfoundland who was 10 and inquired and HE had 10 people wanting him~!!!! then one day I saw a group pic of cockerspaniel maltease puppies on a farm for sale and within a half hour I found myself there surrounded with fluffly white cotton puff balls tugging and pulling all over and tumblng across my lap in the sunhine.I will never forget that day. the woman allowed me to take almost three hours playing with all these angel babies and I wanted all of them. I never in my life have spent a more blessed three hours then i did that day with those babies on the hil side. Those babies mother had jumped a fence 6 foot high to mate with the owners cocker spaniel, a beautiful buff male and resulted in this litter of half maltease and cockers. she looked larger then she should and weary of all the babies getting al the attention. I wanted the lazyiest one who always sought out a human and layed down and snoozed while the others played games and tossled about me. my daughter wanted a little boy that played non stop and had a creamy buff all over color.The woman thought my crested chin would need a rougher playmate then the snoozing puppie i liked and pretty much choose the playful one for me, and I took him home and named him a indian name for " bumble bee".
He is the light of my life! I didnt know anything about maltease at all! I didnt know how special they were but everyday he shows me! no matter where I go or where I am he is with me. hes too big to tote around like a purbreed, even tho he begs to he held and carried. I do try! hes 15 pounds! I have never had a dog this intellgent either! hes shocking in how much he acts like a human child. to me theres no diffrence between him and my son, hes just like my son at age 3. I cant belive my luck! He loves water, and plays new games eveyday is loyal like no other dog, and wants to be in my lap constantly. he loves new toys, pillow beds in every room, and smoked pig ears and sunbaths and all other animals. he takes my nap with me every afternoon and makes it impossible to fall alseep until Ive played with him " rat under the covers". I thought Id share with you my baby!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Congratulations on discovering your wonderful baby. They are so precious. Welcome!!
Post pics soon!!!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
im soo happy you found a dog with a personality that you like.
i like sprites personality cuz she doesnt mind laying in bed all day. lol. and ellie---cynthia (my sis...cuz ellie is her dog...but we all live together and i basically trained ellie)...well..she's crazy! she'll wake up at 2am and start barking at nothing. lol. and gruffi...we all love him---and he acts like a baby. and he needs soo much exercise (or else he'll be bad)...so we have to go on walks ALL the time. and then sprite will want to be with all the other dogs---so i have to go on the walks. LOL. so we havent had a whole day in bed in a long time.
lol.

show us some pics!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Warm Welcomes!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Welcome to SM!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts