Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I'm new here to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I live in South Florida, have a sweet old sheltie named Foster, and will be picking up our new baby [female maltese] tomorrow.
We are soooo excited! I was thrilled to find this web site. I know I will be asking all the experienced maltese mommies LOTS of questions in the future! Please be patient. It's been a long time since I raised a puppy
Our little girl is about 12 weeks old. We plan to name her Dixie. Our breeder is from Palm Beach Gardens Florida for those whom keep up with the breed. Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Thank you in advance for all the questions I anticipate asking!!!!!!!
LOL!
Fach [Bonney]

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
elcome!

Hmmmm Palm Beach Gardens ..... It sounds like your baby must be coming from Bonnie Palmer, AMA Maltese Breeder of the year for 1999-2003.... I can't wait to see pics of your baby!!

G

·
Welcome & Congrats on getting your new baby!
You will be so happy that you decided on a maltese. My baby just turned 7 months. He is the sweetest, most loving dog I have ever owned.

This forum is a great place. I never owned a small dog before and everyone here is very helpful.

I can't wait to see pics of Dixie!

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Jun 30 2005, 07:06 AM
elcome!

Hmmmm Palm Beach Gardens ..... It sounds like your baby must be coming from Bonnie Palmer, AMA Maltese Breeder of the year for 1999-2003.... I can't wait to see pics of your baby!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76432
[/QUOTE]

Yes, she is! I didn't know if I could use the breeder's name on the forum. We are so excited. Your babies are so cute! OOOO, I can't wait. Thanks for the welcome!
Fach

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by poochiesmom@Jun 30 2005, 07:08 AM
You will be so happy that you decided on a maltese. My baby just turned 7 months. He is the sweetest, most loving dog I have ever owned.

This forum is a great place. I never owned a small dog before and everyone here is very helpful.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76433
[/QUOTE]
Thanks. This is my first small dog as well. I'm a bit nervous. I really looked into different dog breeds to be sure the fit was right for our family. Maltese are wonderful dogs. I'm sure this is the one for us. Did you crate train your Poochie, or do you use puppy pads? I plan to housetrain to go outdoors with the aid of a crate. Thanks.
Fach

G

·
Originally posted by Fach+Jun 30 2005, 07:18 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-poochiesmom
@Jun 30 2005, 07:08 AM

Thanks. This is my first small dog as well. I'm a bit nervous. I really looked into different dog breeds to be sure the fit was right for our family. Maltese are wonderful dogs. I'm sure this is the one for us. Did you crate train your Poochie, or do you use puppy pads? I plan to housetrain to go outdoors with the aid of a crate. Thanks.
Fach
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76437
[/B][/QUOTE]
Hi Fach,

I got Poochie at 12 weeks. For me the puppy pads didn't work because Poochie used them as a toy, dragging them all over the place. I only used the crate at night and when he was alone in the house. I am lucky because someone is usually always home so from the start he was taken outside many times a day. I don't know if it helped or not that we also have a german shepherd who Poochie idolizes and wants to be like. So whenever Max would lift his leg, Poochie would follow his lead.

He has turned into a very good boy about going potty outside. Very very rarely do we have an accident. And when he does its usually because we have forgotten to take him outside.

What time are you picking Dixie up?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Welcome! Can't wait to see pics of your baby.

You can post breeder names, your experience with breeders, brand names, store names, links, pics, etc. Pretty much anything you want. Heck you can even talk about non-maltese things.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by poochiesmom+Jun 30 2005, 07:39 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2005, 07:18 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-poochiesmom
@Jun 30 2005, 07:08 AM

Fach
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76437

[/QUOTE]
Hi Fach,

I got Poochie at 12 weeks. For me the puppy pads didn't work because Poochie used them as a toy, dragging them all over the place. I only used the crate at night and when he was alone in the house. I am lucky because someone is usually always home so from the start he was taken outside many times a day. I don't know if it helped or not that we also have a german shepherd who Poochie idolizes and wants to be like. So whenever Max would lift his leg, Poochie would follow his lead.

He has turned into a very good boy about going potty outside. Very very rarely do we have an accident. And when he does its usually because we have forgotten to take him outside.

What time are you picking Dixie up?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76446
[/B][/QUOTE]
I plan to pick her up at one o'clock. It is quite a drive from my home, so not sure what time we will return. I'll write in and tell everyone all about it! As for the housetraining...I am home all day. I like to call myself a domestic goddess [although I'm not so sure a real goddess cleans toilets and spends the day ironing
] I too have an older dog to take the lead and have hoped H/T will be easy. Wish me luck. Oh, we too only use the crate for while we are out of the house. My sheltie sleeps in our room at night unconfined. We are hopeing Dixie will work up to that.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Welcome We love it here Everyone is so helpful and
nice I've never been on the computer this much every AM I try to check things out :lol: Want to see pics.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Fach@Jun 30 2005, 08:14 AM
Yes, she is! I didn't know if I could use the breeder's name on the forum. We are so excited. Your babies are so cute! OOOO, I can't wait. Thanks for the welcome!
Fach
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76434
[/QUOTE]

Hi, yes, you can use any names, products, places, etc. on this site. There is no censorship, no banning, etc. There are unspoken rules of common decency but you are free to post links, email addresses... whatever!! Isn't freedom great!!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Welcome to you and Dixie and your sheltie. I got my two Maltese puppies last fall and we had an older bichon. The transition was pretty smooth. Hope things will go well at your house as well. Is your sheltie used to being around other dogs? Bet Dixie is a doll. Can't wait to see photos.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Jun 30 2005, 09:01 AM
Welcome to you and Dixie and your sheltie.  I got my two Maltese puppies last fall and we had an older bichon.  The transition was pretty smooth.  Hope things will go well at your house as well.  Is your sheltie used to being around other dogs?  Bet Dixie is a doll.  Can't wait to see photos.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76490
[/QUOTE]
not really, but he is not the least bit aggressive so I don't anticipate a problem. I intend to introduce them away from the house tomorrow as suggested by other dog owners. My sheltie is a sweet, gentle dog.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts