Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am a fairly new member and wanted to introduce myself. I have been enjoying your group and the wealth of knowledge that is here for a while.

My baby Sophie is 10 months old. She is the sweetest, most wonderful puppy I have ever had! She is mostly maltese, but has a little poodle somewhere deep down in there (hence the apricot on the tips of her ears). I am also owned by 3 golden retrievers.

I enjoyed doing rescue work for a northern CA golden retriever group for a few years, however busy family life with two teenagers has gotten in the way of that for now.

I was raised with chihuahua's and Sophie is my first long haired dog that needs to be trimmed. Of course I groom my goldens, but that is a whole different ball game! The last time Sophie was groomed, it was a disaster. My poor baby had a few months of bad hair days after that! I am trying to decide if I want to grow her hair out for a topknot. She still fusses about being brushed, so we will have to see if that is going to be possible B). I did read the thread regarding Madan brushes and already ordered mine. Hopefully the new brushes help! I am like a sponge trying to soak up all of your info regarding grooming, etc.

I was referred here by my friend Jules (and Poppy). I am excited to get to know everyone and their furbabies! :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,743 Posts
Welcome to SM, we love to share our fluffs and any tidbits we learn along the way and we love,love,love piccies!!! Can't wait to see piccies of the fluffs.
Michelle

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome! Today is bath day, so I will take some new pics and post them later :) Dee, Sophie came from a friends sister. My 16 year old chihuahua Sassy died in October and I didn't think I was going to get another dog. I have my goldens and I thought I would be good with that. My goldens are amazing and they are big lap dogs, but I actually got really depressed. Finally, I just couldn't take it any more and when I heard about Sophie I couldn't resist! Of course now, Sophie has stolen my heart. She is just so precious and I can't imagine life without her!

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Hi! and Welcome!!! Glad you finally decided to post....and now I look forward to seeing pictures of your cutie pootie :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
:Welcome 4: If you're anything like us, we knew NOTHING about the Maltese breed, except their parents treated them like "babies" :wub: I now understand perfectly, how it happens. :innocent:
Allie

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:Welcome 4: If you're anything like us, we knew NOTHING about the Maltese breed, except their parents treated them like "babies" :wub: I now understand perfectly, how it happens. :innocent:
Allie

It's good to know that I'm in good company Allie. Most everyone here seems to know so much, I'm glad I'm not the only "newbie." I am fumbling through this whole format here on how to do things. I am not familiar with this format, so it may take me a little while to get the hang of things.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Welcome to Spoiled Maltese! We are so glad to have you! Your little girl is darling:wub:.........we will be waiting for the pictures!!!!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
:Welcome 4::Cute Malt:

You'll love it here! And please post some pictures of your babies :wub:

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
:Welcome 4:Becky - I'm so happy that Jules and Poppy led you our way. Can't wait to see more of Sophie. :chili: SM has been invaluable to me in learning all about Maltese and even in me getting Tyler so there's a lot of ground to cover. You can always type into search if you have specific questions and see if a thread answers it. So glad you're here.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:Welcome 4:Becky - I'm so happy that Jules and Poppy led you our way. Can't wait to see more of Sophie. :chili: SM has been invaluable to me in learning all about Maltese and even in me getting Tyler so there's a lot of ground to cover. You can always type into search if you have specific questions and see if a thread answers it. So glad you're here.

Thank you very much! I am thrilled to be here. Thanks for the tip. I am gonna go try that out now :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts