Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because we're in the Southwest, many people across the country never think of New Mexico as getting cold or having snow although we have some of the finest ski slopes around. We actually have 4 complete seasons and are at an altitude that is just over a mile high.

We had our first snow of the year last night and here are some pics that I hope you enjoy. This is after 1/2 day of melting.

My little snow bunny - Tilly (next to our water fountain in the backyard).

Backyard:

Frontyard - taken from the garage:

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
beautiful shots, Lynn :D seeing the girls in the snow is an extra bonus :wub: thanks for sharing!
Also, it is so interesting to read about what is around there in the Southwest. Do you also go skiing? I would love to learn how to properly ski.
hugs
Kat

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
No I don't picture it there. No snow here in NYC but snow in NM - what a world.:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're in what is called the "high desert" whereas Phoenix, for example is in the "low desert".

Kat -- I use to ski, but don't anymore. Where I live is at 5,200 ft high; Santa Fe (which is 40 minutes north of me) is at 7,500 ft high, Taos (about 3 hours away) is over 8,500 ft high. The Sandia Mountains which I look at from my breakfast room every day is over 10,000 ft high and has some wonderful skiing. Of course, Angel Fire (by Taos) has the best slopes, but the ones in the Santo Cristo Mountains (Santa Fe) are exceptional too.

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Lynn, it looks beautiful there! Tilly sure is having fun checking out the snow. Tell her when yours melts she can come here. We have several inches and they say we'll have a white Christmas.

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Kat -- I use to ski, but don't anymore. Where I live is at 5,200 ft high; Santa Fe (which is 40 minutes north of me) is at 7,500 ft high, Taos (about 3 hours away) is over 8,500 ft high. The Sandia Mountains which I look at from my breakfast room every day is over 10,000 ft high and has some wonderful skiing. Of course, Angel Fire (by Taos) has the best slopes, but the ones in the Santo Cristo Mountains (Santa Fe) are exceptional too.
Thanks for the interesting info of the places for skiing :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
love the picture of the snow on the blue chair....gorgeous!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts