Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone . I am proud mum to Sammy who is 10 weeks today. I'm very happy to say that Sammy has settled into our (and his) forever home really well and is learning fast. I plan on grooming him myself eventually but at the moment to comb and brush him is a real mission as he just wants to bite and play with the brushes .. any advice,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is him after his first bath on Saturday .... doesn't quite look like this today ha ha :p

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Welcome! Sammy is precious! I'm definitely not one to be giving grooming advice, many more qualified here, but they definitely do outgrow the "biting the brush" phase with time :D

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Welcome to SM!
Sammy is adorable. Enjoy the puppy phase it passes all to quickly. Be persistent and continue brushing Sammy daily and bathing him weekly. He will learn the routine.
🐶 🌻🐾

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! Sammy is precious! I'm definitely not one to be giving grooming advice, many more qualified here, but they definitely do outgrow the "biting the brush" phase with time :D
Oh thank you that is good to know ... and thank you for the welcome I'm going to love it here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to SM!
Sammy is adorable. Enjoy the puppy phase it passes all to quickly. Be persistent and continue brushing Sammy daily and bathing him weekly. He will learn the routine.
🐶 🌻🐾
Thank you very much and yes I'm totally in love with him. Bath every week? I did read somewhere every 3 weeks so that was my plan but if it can be more often great !! Cos he loves to play outside and roll around in the dirt :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Kobe, 3 months, Maltese
115 Posts
Sammy is so handsome. I have to do brushing when Kobe is sleepy. He is the same though. He loves biting the brush. I hope he outgrows it Like Zoeys mom says. I can trim his face up also if he is sleepy. Usually first thing in the morning for us. It’s funny but Kobe wakes up to pee and goes right back to bed. 🤷🏼‍♀️

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sammy is so handsome. I have to do brushing when Kobe is sleepy. He is the same though. He loves biting the brush. I hope he outgrows it Like Zoeys mom says. I can trim his face up also if he is sleepy. Usually first thing in the morning for us. It’s funny but Kobe wakes up to pee and goes right back to bed. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Oh thank you I've tried it just before his nap time and that's definitely better as he's calmer then. That's so cute for Kobe to go back to sleep ..and considerate too means you can get more sleep lol xx

·
Registered
Kobe, 3 months, Maltese
115 Posts
Oh thank you I've tried it just before his nap time and that's definitely better as he's calmer then. That's so cute for Kobe to go back to sleep ..and considerate too means you can get more sleep lol xx
Yes. It’s pretty funny because I take him out and we come back in and I get a tissue to go back out and pick up his business and instead of him going into his crate again he goes to my husbands side of the bed and barks a very sweet low tone bark, very different than any other bark until my husband picks him up so we can go back to sleep together. He is so sweet. I cant even fathom how they understand the difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts