Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, am so excited i have ordered some grooming supplies!

bless the beasts detangling shampoo and fur pomade

and today dixie went to a new groomer who uses #1 all systems. she spent 2 hours with dixie and i was there for an hour!

she went through loads of tips and ideas and she was great! its amazing the difference the combs and brush she used has compared with the ones i used.

i've ordered the #1 all systems comb, oblong rosewood pin brush and some self rinse shampoo (she used this around eye and the tearstain has really lifted). she gave me the hair re-vitalizer/anti static spray 3/4 full!!

dixie looks like a little showdog! bloody gorgeous!!!

:D

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
That's great!! I would love it if I could find a groomer like that around here! I would also LOVE to see pics of your little show dog :D (hint, hint
)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's the first time i've been to her, normally my friend trims her but it's hard to say but this groomer is in a different league. she is a hobby groomer who also shows huskys and llaso apso's (spelt right?!)

she has a special massaging bathtub and uses all #1 all systems products. she took 2 retained baby teeth out for me (save a vets fee) as she felt this was causing dixies staining, in particular on the left side (she's 71/2 months now)

she also used a self rinse shampoo on her tearstains and it really lifted the stain.

she really told me straight about the combs/brushes i was using that she felt were damaging the delicate maltese coat. boo hoo! i thought i was looking after little dixie fine! the difference in her coat is unbelieveable, just seeing the #1 all systems brushes/combs run through her coat was obvious.

i will post pics over the next few days as i have a presentation to prepare for tommorrow and not started yet so will do soon as its done

luv Bec & Dixie

ps how is lucy now post spay?

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Wish your new groomer lived in NJ.. haha.. I cant find ANYONE around here to groom kodie! I have to learn everything myself... and sometimes... i just do a BAD job.. haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts