Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 4 month old Maltese puppy named Poppy. I am having a very difficult time trying to clean the hair around her eyes. She will not sit still and she is in a phase where she is biting/chewing anything that gets near her face. Does anyone have amy suggestions?

Registered
Similar problem here.
My newly adopted 2 year old Guinevere will let me brush and comb her but trimming the hair near her eyes is very scary because she will not let me get the small round nosed scissor near them.
I ve tried holding her chin hair but it makes her fight me even more.
And being stern just scares her.
Sorry I have no advise but am waiting to hear if you get any suggestions.

Lisa, mom of (Starry rip, Dayzie rip ,Holly rip (2-28-20)

Super Moderator
I put my palm over his eye and use a very fine comb to clean the area.

Premium Member
I do what Walter does. Palm over eyes and I use flea comb to clean the eye area with Bausch & Lomb eye wash.

Premium Member
I do the same as Walter and Joanne on Abella. I place her on her back on my lap. I put a couple drops of the eye wash in her eye and then use a clean dry wash cloth on the corner of her eye to get the gunk and then I comb the area with the fine end of a small metal comb.

IMG_2623.jpg

Reactions: Sage02

Registered
Kobe, 3 months, Maltese
Kobe doesn鈥檛 like it either. Don鈥檛 quit. It gets a teeny bit easier every time. I use an eye shadow sponge to get some of the cleaning solution in the corner and rub a little and an eyelash comb to get the gook out. I tried the flea comb but it was too big and I think it scared him. He does really well with the eyelash comb now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts