Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I had our little girl (Chiara) last week. Came on my birthday actually so it was pretty neat.

Anyway, we are adapting her to our three Maltese. They all seem to be very cool with her, the only scare I had was when I set her carseat down on the ground with her in it, one of my girls wanted to jump in with her, so she has to be set up on tables now.

Anyway, My youngest Fluff Chloe, has been taking a special interest in Chiara, she' always sniffing her and wanting to be around her when we have her on the bed out of her crib.

Today after she sniffed her she kept putting her little nose on the bed next to Chiara and pushing it up and towards the baby as if she was trying to dig or push the blanket over on top of her.

I'm not certain if that has some kind of relevance? She is the only one of my 3 fluffs that had her first heat before she was spade, not sure if that makes a difference, but I thought it might be a motherly thing?

I'll try to get a video of her doing it if I can.

Here's a couple shots of the little ones though next to the baby. Chloe is the one most interested.

Here's another shot of the baby just cuz :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
aw congratulations! She is adorable :wub: I can't help with the behavior, but hopefully some other members can. JMM knows a lot about behavior/training

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Happy Belated Birthday, Casey! Congratulations on your beautiful new baby girl! Chiara is a beautiful name. The photos are so precious!

It does sound like a motherly act to me, as well. I've seen some dogs take a real (maternal) interest in a new baby arrival into the household. Your family is beautiful.

Don't think you remember me, but, I ordered some Wooflink items from you last summer. I couldn't find the pkg. Because, the UPS man somehow left it in the street! :w00t: I ended up calling you in a panic. The pkg was run over a couple of times, but, all ended well. :HistericalSmiley:

Congratulations again, enjoy your new bundle of joy! :wub:

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Congratulations! What a beautiful little girl!

To me it sounds like she is trying to bury Chaira like she would a bone. I've seen dogs use their noses to bury special treats in bed linens.

To me, it doesn't sound motherly as momma dogs don't cover their puppies in blankets.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Such a sweet baby ! It sounds like the pups love her and are just settling in with her. Pushing with the nose is sort of like burying a bone for later. Maybe she smells milk on the sheet or something.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, I was really concerned at first because I thought it might be some kind of aggressive action. I didn't want to think that and I don't but I thought I should get an outside opinion from the fluff experts! :)

The nose thing was this morning as I was getting ready to leave for work.

I can't wait to get home tonight to play with them again. :D

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Casey - congratulations to you and your wife. What an absolutely gorgeous daughter you have in Chiara (and love her name). :wub: And happy birthday to you:) Don't know that behavior but you are so blessed with such a beautiful family. How about some pix of everyone?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Big congratulations on Chiara. It's always so swee to see human babies and furbabies together! :wub:

·
Premium Member
17,461 Posts
OOOOOOOOH, oh my. I only wish I were the grandmother! Enjoy.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Oh how wonderful. Congratulations, what a beauty :)

The nose thing Lola does too, but only with her sweet potato chews Lol. I know that someone else on here said they did the same thing to their other Malt which is too funny. I don't think it is at all aggressive though.

·
Premium Member
24,174 Posts
Congrats to you and your wife, your little girl is beautiful, what a perfect gift from God to you both.
I loved the pictures, sooo cute how our fluffs love to see what's going on. When we have babies come to visit us B&B is the one who has to sniff them and check them out when they move around, Matilda could care less

·
Registered
499 Posts
Congratulations Casey, Chiara is just beautiful:wub:
That picture with her and the malts is precious.:heart:

(your loyal purchaser of the original boots that you recommended, the only shoes that I got to stay on Olivea's feet!)
Sunnie

1 - 20 of 22 Posts