Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ladies and Gentleman, Start your computers and vote for:
Northcentral Maltese Rescue - type in Northcentral Maltese Rescue,Inc. in Racine, WI
OR
American Maltese Rescue - type in American Maltese Assoc. Rescue, in Escondido, CA (Fort Bragg doesn't work)

in this Shelter Challenge ending August 22!!

<-- click here

All-Star Animal Rescue Site $100,000 Shelter+ Challenge — together with Petfinder.com.

Now you can help The Animal Rescue Site choose which eligible Petfinder.com animal rescue organizations will receive special funds to help animals! Voting is simple: just select your Country and (if U.S. or Canada) State/Province. All other fields are optional and accept partial (but not misspelled or inaccurate) information. You can cast one vote every day for your favorite rescue organization.

Voting begins TODAY May 17, 2010, and ends at midnight (PST) on August 22, 2010. The more friends you can rally to vote for your favorite rescue organization, the better its chances of winning. Every vote, every day c

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I forgot,if you have more than one computer,one at home,one at work or a lap top,you can vote on each one of them daily.
It's for the fluffs!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Voted! Funny not to see the regular rescues I was voting for pop up as they had in past contest. But once you enter one (or two) they're easily there.
Please vote.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
bump

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Mandy, thanks for the bump! Thanks to all who are voting.

It has been suggested to me to have everyone vote for one selected rescue each week in hopes to get a weekly prize of $1,000. Instead of having the voting fractured around the country, all our votes would have a synergistic effect and impact on just one rescue for that week. Sooooo, lets have some feedback.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I've been voting on my 3 computers for the Northcentral Maltese rescue in Wisconsin. I was voting for the AMA in California,on one computer and splitting the Wisconsin one on the others. So I concentrated all my votes on Northcentral,hoping it would help. While I'm in florida next month,I will logg on and try to vote too.I hope,if I get to go to Dubai,still waiting for final confirmation this week,I will vote from there too.

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
This week I've been voting for American Maltese Association rescue, Fort Bragg, California, as Starsmom suggested. :)

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far neither of Maltese rescue organizations are in the top 10 (with all the members we should be) - BUT for those that are voting keep it up, and for those who are NOT voting I ask why not?? :confused1:

Please note: The Fort Bragg location in CA had to be changed to Escondido due to the fact the Challenge did not recognize it as a shelter location for AMR.

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
That's what I voted for as late as this morning, and when I searched for shelters in Fort Bragg, I got a result for the AMR.

3 shelter(s) found.Displaying 3 shelters (1 to 3) — Page 1 of 1
name location

American Maltese Association Rescue Fort Bragg, CA
More Info

Mendocino Coast Humane Society Fort Bragg, CA
More Info

Mendocino County Animal Care Services, Fort Bragg Fort Bragg, CA

More Info
There is also a listing for Escondido, but the word "association" is abbreviated "Assoc."

I guess our AMA votes are being diluted by being split between two different locations.

Please let me know what the AMA rescue would like me to do for the rest of the week.

P.S. What looks like a link in your May 22 post didn't work, so I just went searching on the page where we vote. :( It was just now that I realized there was the other location, for the "Assoc." :(

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Overall Ranking:

2661 American Maltese Assoc. Rescue Escondido, CA
1145 Northcentral Maltese Rescue,Inc. Racine, WI

State Ranking:

205 American Maltese Assoc. RescueEscondido, CA
37 Northcentral Maltese Rescue,Inc. Racine, WI

Can we do better? YES WE CAN!!! VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Vote! I have been voting for Escondido! Its where I was born and raised!!!! Escondido means "Hidden Valley" in Spanish. :)

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Step (1)
On her page, or Hunter's Mom's, or Missiek's, click on the round thing which is a link to the website.

Step (2)
Then, click on the purple/lavendar rectangle that says
"click here to give - it's free."
Step (3)
After that, another page will load. Right up at the top is a wide (but not very deep) rectangle that has this in it:

"Help your favorite shelter win in our All-Star Challenge!"
and a graphic that says "Vote Today" against a background of blue sky, green grass, with a baseball on the right.

Click on that graphic.

Step (4)
Then another page will open, where you will be asked to select the shelter you want to vote for. Because of the confusion about the AMA's two locations, I suggest you select the city and state, then the name of the rescue you want to vote for.

Select and vote for a shelter.

Step (5)
Another page appears. There you have to verify your vote by identifying the picture of an animal.

Then you are done.

:) l hope this helps and is correct! I had trouble at first, but since nobody else answered, I thought I'd try to explain it. Anybody else, if this is wrong, please feel free to let me know and give improved directions. :)

1 - 20 of 96 Posts