Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I promised, I am introducing a new SM Buddy event. It will be fun and will also help our rescues.:yes::biggrin:

It is called the SM Birthday/Got You Day/Valentine's Day Buddy Event -- for rescue.:wub:

To participate, you must donate $10.00 or more to a rescue organization of your choice and provide me proof of your donation. You can PM me or email me ([email protected]) with the receipt from the Rescue Organization.

Once I receive confirmation of your donation, you will be assigned a Birthday and Valentine’s Day Buddy. You will be responsible for sending him/her a Valentine’s Day Card and maybe a picture of your fluff (optional). You will also be responsible for sending your Buddy a card for his/her Birthday. You may also send a gift (this is optional) but it must not be more than $10.00 including postage. If the fluff is a rescue and you do not celebrate his/her Birthday, then it should be the “Got You” Day.

DONATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ANY RESCUE OF YOUR CHOICE INCLUDING LOCAL SHELTERS.

When you PM or email me that you want to participate, please provide the following info:

1. Proof of Donation;

2. Your full name and mailing address;

3. The date of your Fluff’s Birthday or Got You Day.

If you have more than 1 fluff in your household, you must donate $10.00 for the first fluff and $5.00 for EACH additional fluff that is participating.

Buddy assignments will be made on 2/1/11 for this year’s participants. The closing date to let me know that you are participating is Friday, 1/28/11.

As new members join, they may participate in the Birthday/Got You Day portion of the event.

Please let me know if you have any questions or any additional thoughts about this.

Now – let’s have some fun and also raise some funds for rescue.:chili::chili::thumbsup:

(And yes -- this has been approved by Jung. :aktion033:)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Lynn,
It is so generous of you to take on this project. Count me in for a fun way to raise some money for pups in need!
I will be emailing you in a few moments.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Edie -- you know how much I care about the rescues. I know every fluff isn't as lucky as the ones here on SM. And I want to give back ,even if only in a small way.

And people are already donating and emailing me.:aktion033::aktion033:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Of course international members may participate, and I hope that they do. You may donate to an organization in your own country or here in the U.S. -- your choice.

I'm counting you and Milo in on this. :)

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
I am already sponsering a dog in K9 Friends (local shelter) and a kitten my lil bro found in the street. Now is taken care of in another shelter (which is also a vet clinic) since Romeo, brother's cat, doesn't get along with other cats/kittens. Romeo gets along with Snowy and Crystal the best - Romeo kitties are weird.

I don't know if sponsering counts here for the rules or not.

You may also send a gift (this is optional) but it must not be more than $10.00 including postage.
awee but that wont be possible for me (postage/shipment alone is higher than $10 for sending anything other than cards)..I guess Snowy & Crystal will just have to stick to sending cards.

I will send you a PM this evening (your morning/early afternoon, that is)

hugs
Kat

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am already sponsering a dog in K9 Friends (local shelter) and a kitten my lil bro found in the street. Now is taken care of in another shelter (which is also a vet clinic) since Romeo, brother's cat, doesn't get along with other cats/kittens. Romeo gets along with Snowy and Crystal the best - Romeo kitties are weird.

I don't know if sponsering counts here for the rules or not.

awee but that wont be possible for me (postage/shipment alone is higher than $10 for sending anything other than cards)..I guess Snowy & Crystal will just have to stick to sending cards.

I will send you a PM this evening (your morning/early afternoon, that is)

hugs
Kat
Kat -- the sponsorship will count for participation.

Didn't think about the overseas postage. The point was that we didn't want anyone to feel that they HAD to spend additional money on presents -- but if you need to go over to provide for postage, that will be OK -- but make sure that it isn't something big like Secret Santa is as we really want to help rescue and have fun with our own fluffs at the same time. :)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.