Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't open until May 19th and people are already starting to line up for it!!! What is funny is some people are lining up at the WRONG THEATER!! The Chinese theater isn't going to be showing it. HAHA!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
ah I have an avid Star Wars fan in my house. My husband camped out for 4 hours this last weekend to be first in line for a Target Exclusive action figure
and is going to the Nat'l Star Wars convention at the end of this month(yes he takes off work for this). I am sorta with them, I find it hard to believe that they won't be showing it there b/c of the history of SW w/ that theater. They WILL get to see it at that theater but just not on the day of release. I am convinced that if there are enough people, they WILL show it even if they hadn't planned on it. I am reallly looking forward to seeing this movie, but sad that Hayden Christiansen(sp?) is turning into the evil Darth Vader. He has turned into a HOT young man and lordy his lips
.....it's a shame they'll be covered up w/ the Vader mask. It's funny, someone asked what the last movie I saw was....if it isn't a Disney movie(or kids related) and wasn't Star Wars or Lord of the Rings...I didn't see it in the theater!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
:new_Eyecrazy:
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Apr 7 2005, 09:46 AM
It doesn't open until May 19th and people are already starting to line up for it!!!  What is funny is some people are lining up at the WRONG THEATER!!  The Chinese theater isn't going to be showing it.  HAHA!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50051
[/QUOTE]

They were just talking about this on the radio station I was listening to! I am a Star Wars fan, my brother and I make it a point to go to see it with in the first 24 hours of it coming out (haha, none of my friends ever believe me). It's not that we are HUGE fans, (no collectors items, or costumes)...but it's like our bonding time. He drove home from school when the last one came out so we could go see it, and then turned around and drove back up to school.

BUT to tie in with this post I would never wait in line...

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering how these people can came out for SEVEN WEEKS!!! Don't these people have jobs? Can you imagine asking your boss off for 7 weeks so you can go wait in line to see a movie? Don't get me wrong I like the Star Wars movies, but come on waiting in line 7 weeks?!?!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
My hubby goes and sees it the day it is released...but doesn't wait in line like that..now THAT is insane! I think he was partially insane for waiting in line for the action figures (and he bought 33 of them that day as well)..but check this out..I actually bought this..it's Darth Tater (MR Potato Head...)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Apr 7 2005, 10:09 AM
My hubby goes and sees it the day it is released...but doesn't wait in line like that..now THAT is insane! I think he was partially insane for waiting in line for the action figures (and he bought 33 of them that day as well)..but check this out..I actually bought this..it's Darth Tater (MR Potato Head...)

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50067
[/QUOTE]

I LOVE IT!!! Where did you get him? HAVE TO HAVE! LOL. I wonder if they have Mr. Potato head in any other stuff like that. My nephew would love a Spiderman or Superman potato head. He has a couple Potato heads with TONS of accessories, a Mr. and a Mrs.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by FannyMay@Apr 7 2005, 09:17 AM
I LOVE IT!!!  Where did you get him?  HAVE TO HAVE!  LOL.  I wonder if they have Mr. Potato head in any other stuff like that.  My nephew would love a Spiderman or Superman potato head.  He has a couple Potato heads with TONS of accessories, a Mr. and a Mrs.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50072
[/QUOTE]

I did a search and according to the Mr. Potato Head site Darth Vader is the only character one. Official Mr. Potato Head website

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I actually bought this at Wal Mart...while I was there, I talked to a Hasbro rep(oh hubby was very jealous) and she said that as of now Vader was the only one but she wouldn't be surprised to see more come if this goes over well. He is ADORABLE!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
My son and husband are VERY excited about the movie release, but WON'T be standing in line for 7 weeks to see it! :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I love Star Wars and will buy it when it comes out on DVD.But I will not wait in line to see any movie.Those ppl. are CRAZY :new_Eyecrazy: to wait in line. I think ppl. who wait in line to buy tickets for music performers are :new_Eyecrazy: too !!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Then EVERYONE HAS to buy him so they start making more lol. I want to see Superman and Spiderman! Batman would be cool too.
How much did you pay for Darth Tater at Walmart? I will have to check it out. Wonder if they have him at Kmart since that's right across the street from me and Walmart is forever and a day away lol. They are making it into a super Walmart too so there is always alot of construction going on and it's such a pain.

Oh yeah and back on topic, I will be going to see the new Star Wars movie but I will not wait in line and I probably won’t even go to opening night. I HATE crowded theaters and rude people. I hate when teens kick your seat, throw food, and talk on their cell phones or to their friends. It is distracting!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Are the people actually waiting in line for 7 weeks or are they waiting in line to buy a ticket and then they will leave and come back and wait in line like May 18th or something?

Our local theater has annouced that tickets for Star Wars will go on sale on May 2nd at noon so I KNOW there will be a huge line that day to go get tickets-- and yes, I'll be one of them. Often opening week sells out within hours (for events like Harry Potter and LOTR).

I'm actually not even that big of a fan but I love being part of something like that and talking with all the people in line, just adds a little fun to the day. Anyway so I'll be in line that day and then again when the movie comes out.

Our Toys R Us had a big Star Wars toy premiere last week, wasn't able to go but heard about it in the news-- would love to get my hands on a Darth Tater!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by JCButterfly@Apr 7 2005, 09:56 AM
Are the people actually waiting in line for 7 weeks or are they waiting in line to buy a ticket and then they will leave and come back and wait in line like May 18th or something?

Our local theater has annouced that tickets for Star Wars will go on sale on May 2nd at noon so I KNOW there will be a huge line that day to go get tickets-- and yes, I'll be one of them.  Often opening week sells out within hours (for events like Harry Potter and LOTR).  <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50103
[/QUOTE]

According to the article they are waiting in line for the movie when it opens on May 19th.
'Star Wars' fans wait at wrong theater

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Not every Wal Mart is carrying Darth Tater...the one closest to us doesn't have it but one in Cincinnati does ...so I had to drive there

·
Registered
117 Posts
I waited in a line inside a wal-mart for 5 hours for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (the fifth book) when it came out at midnight a few years ago.

But then it was sooooooo oooooooo long, and I couldn't really get in to the book, so I didnt even finish reading the whole thing until this past Christmas.

Guess I'm not as hardcore a fan as I thought.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts