Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Michaels (craft store) has a new FREE pattern this month, it fairly easy if you have knitted a little before. I just finished Ty's and he seems to like it. It uses the new "fun fur" yarn which is fun to knit with.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Wow that is a very pretty sweater, you did a great job. I looked at the pattern but Scooby's size is about half way between the two sizes in the pattern so I will have to keep looking.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What an AWESOME job! How long did it take you to finish it? And would it be something a beginner could do?[/B]
There is nothing difficult about the pattern, it's all straight knitting. If you have never knit before it would be helpful to have someone who could help you with the directions. But I can't think of any reason why someone who is a beginner couldn't do it. The hardest part is adding the sleeves and actually it could be complete without the sleeves if you got stuck. It could have been finished much more quickly than I did it but I got started on it and put it down, if you were diligent about it you could finish it in a weekend. I got buisy with work and put it away so it took me a few weeks.

Wow that is a very pretty sweater, you did a great job. I looked at the pattern but Scooby's size is about half way between the two sizes in the pattern so I will have to keep looking.
[/B]
This pattern would be very easy to make bigger, if you knit, I'm sure the folks at MIchaels would help you. All you would need to do is add stitches (x4's) to the base row.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ginny, have you thought about offering to make some here and sell them(or taking orders..)? I know I'd love one...and am sure others would too.[/B]
I could never keep up!! I work about 60 hours a week and if I "had" to do it I'd most likely LOSE MY MIND
, maybe someday when I'm "retired" HAHAHAHA!!!! I love to do that sort of thing but there just isn't enough time in a day!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
OOHHHH... Thank you so much, I'm so excited. Hubby has already remarked that my knitting needles might come in handy for making Caleb some sweaters. I'm going right to the site and order some patterns now. Your furbaby looks sooo cute in that sweater! I love it. Also, if it works out, I have a lot of time on my hands these days (waiting for puppy) so I might be able to make a few for others... long as I don't get over-run with these. Did they have more than one pattern?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, I guess I shouldn't have offered to make any for anyone else untill I made one myself. Puppymom, you seem to have a lot of talent and patience. I finished the sweater and it really is cute, but it was not fun to work with the fun fur in my estimation! I would say that beginners might want to try a different yarn.

As it turned out the sweater's going to be to big for my new baby, so I'm going to make it a Christmas present for my son's little furball. I'm making my son a scarf to match and his wife a hat to match, so I'll be busily knitting for a while.

Thank you again for the pattern, Puppymom... You got me busy again and that will help make the time go faster while I await the arrival of my new puppy.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, I guess I shouldn't have offered to make any for anyone else untill I made one myself. Puppymom, you seem to have a lot of talent and patience. I finished the sweater and it really is cute, but it was not fun to work with the fun fur in my estimation! I would say that beginners might want to try a different yarn.

As it turned out the sweater's going to be to big for my new baby, so I'm going to make it a Christmas present for my son's little furball. I'm making my son a scarf to match and his wife a hat to match, so I'll be busily knitting for a while.

Thank you again for the pattern, Puppymom... You got me busy again and that will help make the time go faster while I await the arrival of my new puppy.[/B]
MATCHING ENSEMBLE
Definately sounds like a photo op to me!!! I didn't mind the fun fur but, last year when it first came out I made a dozen or more of the fun fur scarves that were "in style" so maybe I go the hang of it. It is a yarn that knits a bit loosely so if you are a "loose" knitter to start wit you might want to use a size smaller needle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts