Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to this forum and have a few questions. I love the Korean Maltese look, but I a looking for options in the US. I have been researching going to Seoul and flying back because the price between the overseas adoption rate and buying in person is more than the plane ticket. I do not want to put a 4-month-old puppy in cargo for 20 hours either. I am hoping to purchase it in April and I am doing research now. My first dog was a Maltese and know in my soul this is the next breed I want. I am looking for a Maltese that is between 3-4 lbs grown. Has a baby doll face. I have a Chihuahua and I am looking for a similar size to play together.

My questions:

1. I have been in discussions with a few brokers from South Korea and the prices are really good for what I am looking for. How many of you bought from South Korea and who did you purchase from?

2. Can anyone recommend an American breeder that has a baby doll face smaller Maltese for under 3500?

3. I also saw people talking about Sunnydale and Shinemore would you recommend them instead of a broker and how do the prices compare?

Thank you and I look forward to reading all your posts.

Lisa

· Administrator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
10,279 Posts
Maddysmom (JoAnn) got two her girls from Korea. Although she is active on here, she hasn't been on for a few weeks. Do a search on her name, she has talked about the process a couple of times. Also you should PM her, she has a lot of good advice, but might not see this thread. My Casper (Ch. Great Master of Angela White) is Korean from Angela White. He is a retiree and was brought over from Korea by Adura (now Angel Bay Maltese) to complete and for her lines. Kathryn (Adura) has several Korean maltese in her lines. Check out her website.

There are also nannies that will bring dogs on planes in cabins. Please do not consider cargo, it is too dangerous especially for a maltese puppy.

Several American Maltese dog breeders have introduced Korean lines into their show lines, so I would look at some of the Texas breeders on the American Maltese Association breeders list.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

· Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
18,335 Posts
Just curious---are you planning on breeding or just wanting a pet?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maddysmom (JoAnn) got two her girls from Korea. Although she is active on here, she hasn't been on for a few weeks. Do a search on her name, she has talked about the process a couple of times. Also you should PM her, she has a lot of good advice, but might not see this thread. My Casper (Ch. Great Master of Angela White) is Korean from Angela White. He is a retiree and was brought over from Korea by Adura (now Angel Bay Maltese) to complete and for her lines. Kathryn (Adura) has several Korean maltese in her lines. Check out her website.

There are also nannies that will bring dogs on planes in cabins. Please do not consider cargo, it is too dangerous especially for a maltese puppy.

Several American Maltese dog breeders have introduced Korean lines into their show lines, so I would look at some of the Texas breeders on the American Maltese Association breeders list.

Hope that helps, and good luck.
Thank you so much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts