Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
We received the lab results. The mole on her stomach is benign. They weren't able to get a clean area around the tumor without causing damage to the leg, but the tumor was low grade. So, the vet feels the prognosis is good.

We have 1 more day of antibiotics and less than 7 days of wearing the cone, then we can put this behind us.

Thank you all for voicing your concern, I really appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,898 Posts
Thank you for letting us know!
I will continue to follow her story w/interest & prayers. Let's hope for many better days ahead.

Reactions: hjg0989

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
Did your vet recommend any medication to keep it from growing? Mine got prednisolone and also an anti-cancer drug (the name escapes me). The tumor on my dog's leg had clear margins, but the cancer was also in a couple of lymph nodes, one in her abdomen which it was not possible to remove. Maybe you just need to watch for growth? I hope things go well~she's still young!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Did your vet recommend any medication to keep it from growing? Mine got prednisolone and also an anti-cancer drug (the name escapes me). The tumor on my dog's leg had clear margins, but the cancer was also in a couple of lymph nodes, one in her abdomen which it was not possible to remove. Maybe you just need to watch for growth? I hope things go well~she's still young!
No meds, she just said we need to keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome. My activity here has been very sporadic and I just saw this now, but I have a pretty good idea of what you’re going through. My Maltese Sugarplum was rescued from a puppy mill and I adopted her and rehabilitated her, which is an ongoing process. Her estimated age was five years old; it’s been almost two years since I got her. She’s made amazing progress, if you’re interested in details you can read my past posts. Bless you and your baby girl!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts