Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
We received the lab results. The mole on her stomach is benign. They weren't able to get a clean area around the tumor without causing damage to the leg, but the tumor was low grade. So, the vet feels the prognosis is good.

We have 1 more day of antibiotics and less than 7 days of wearing the cone, then we can put this behind us.

Thank you all for voicing your concern, I really appreciate it!

Thank you for letting us know!
I will continue to follow her story w/interest & prayers. Let's hope for many better days ahead.

Reactions: hjg0989
Did your vet recommend any medication to keep it from growing? Mine got prednisolone and also an anti-cancer drug (the name escapes me). The tumor on my dog's leg had clear margins, but the cancer was also in a couple of lymph nodes, one in her abdomen which it was not possible to remove. Maybe you just need to watch for growth? I hope things go well~she's still young!

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Did your vet recommend any medication to keep it from growing? Mine got prednisolone and also an anti-cancer drug (the name escapes me). The tumor on my dog's leg had clear margins, but the cancer was also in a couple of lymph nodes, one in her abdomen which it was not possible to remove. Maybe you just need to watch for growth? I hope things go well~she's still young!
No meds, she just said we need to keep an eye on it.

Welcome. My activity here has been very sporadic and I just saw this now, but I have a pretty good idea of what you’re going through. My Maltese Sugarplum was rescued from a puppy mill and I adopted her and rehabilitated her, which is an ongoing process. Her estimated age was five years old; it’s been almost two years since I got her. She’s made amazing progress, if you’re interested in details you can read my past posts. Bless you and your baby girl!

I was blessed with Sophia, an eight year old female Maltese from the American Maltese Rescue Association. The AMRA has been wonderful!

Sophia was part of a hoarder situation, 22 dogs were removed and 2 dogs didn't make it.

Sophia has the typical sweet Maltese disposition. She doesn't have the typical spunk of a Maltese, but once her health improves and given time to adjust I am hopeful she will start wagging her tail and being more active.

Tomorrow she goes in for surgery. She has a mass cell tumor on her hind quarter and needs all of her remaining teeth removed. I am quite nervous, but it has to be done and I believe the vet is good. I feel fortunate to be able to have it done so soon (there was a cancellation.)

I will post an update. Please send good thoughts our way.
View attachment 275767

Bless you for giving her a life.
Oh she's beautiful!
I just read this and hope she has recovered from her surgery and all is well.
Keep us posted

I was blessed with Sophia, an eight year old female Maltese from the American Maltese Rescue Association. The AMRA has been wonderful!

Sophia was part of a hoarder situation, 22 dogs were removed and 2 dogs didn't make it.

Sophia has the typical sweet Maltese disposition. She doesn't have the typical spunk of a Maltese, but once her health improves and given time to adjust I am hopeful she will start wagging her tail and being more active.

Tomorrow she goes in for surgery. She has a mass cell tumor on her hind quarter and needs all of her remaining teeth removed. I am quite nervous, but it has to be done and I believe the vet is good. I feel fortunate to be able to have it done so soon (there was a cancellation.)

View attachment 275767 View attachment 275767
She is really cute! You are lucky to find such a cutie in rescue!
I am new to this board as well so I don’t feel so intimidated. Hi!

View attachment 275767 View attachment 275767
She will have the cute tongue thing and be more adorable

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.